We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

Green Valley...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

Will be visiting old Jerusalem Gloria Hotel next month. Will rent a phone from amigo.com and am bringing my Samsung tablet from the USA. Are adapters needed to recharge phones & tablets from the US. If so where do I get them before I leave for Israel or upon entering the country?? Thank you.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

Yes, you need an adapter for the tablet. You can get them at any travel or luggage store and most electronic stores. They are really cheap, about $5 or so. If you are renting a phone for Israel, it will have the Israeli plug for recharging.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

The adapter you get should be something like this:

amazon.co.uk/German-Travel-Power-Adapter-Con…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

You will probably only need an adaptor, not a transformer -- but check your existing plug to make sure it works with both 120 and 220 volts. If so, you will only need the inexpensive adaptor for the plug.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,905 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

You can buy one in Radio Shack. BTW in the link provided, it also has a "frequently also bought" picture. Do NOT buy that second style. It will not work in Israel,

5. Re: charging my tablet and amigo phone in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:18