We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

California
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

I am at gate waiting for international departure. I had one checked baggage and was given a yellow sticker on bag and the luggage strip . Once passed the first scan I had secondary chech on baggage. The yellow sticker was scanned and I was cleared after asking several questions . I cannot remember if another or the same yellow sticker is put back on luggage . At departure gate I noticed a yellow sticker on my sleeve. Will I have problem with my luggage going back home with me WiTHOUT the yellow sticker on luggage? It does have the security luggage tag and airline luggage tag there

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

No, you will be fine.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

Nothing to worry about - have a safe flight

California
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

Thanks all . I had a great time in Israel . I will write a short report when I get back home. I Felt very safe traveling as a. Solo female. Everyone was very helpful. I wished I had stayed longer.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

Glad to hear you had such a good time, come back again soon.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

The yellow sticker is a security sticker. It is placed on all your luggage after the security person interviewed you. The one on the sleeve came off something. They scan it because it has a code. Depending upon the code you may be pulled aside for extra questioning. If you are at the departure gate they are done with you. No one outside of Israel cares about the sticker. --note to others: they sometimes change colors, so don't be alarmed if you get different colored stickers.

6. Re: Yellow sticker on luggage at Ben Gurion airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18