We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi in Israel

Fort Payne, Alabama
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi in Israel

Just wondering how WiFi service in Israel is? I will be with a tour group, so I will be staying in hotels. Do most of them have WiFi? Here in the US it is available in most of them. Thanks in advance!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi in Israel

There is wifi in many of the hotels even if it is only in the Lobby. On the tours I have been on the hotels charged quite a lot for Internet access so I would suggest that you find out which hotels you will be staying at and research what their charges are before you go.

My husband and I bought SIM cards with data packs for our phones and accessed the Internet that way. It was cheaper and much more convenient for us, but we were staying in Israel independently for a week or so both before and after the tours.

We used the orange Big Talk SIM cards with a data pack. Info here:

orange.co.il/en/…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,597 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi in Israel

While most hotels will charge you for wifi in your room, almost all offer free wifi in the lobby. Additionally, you can find free wifi at most coffee shops, many other public places too.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,677 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi in Israel

You will visit Tel Aviv briefly. Tel Aviv has free wifi in many cafes and the main avenues. It is easy to log in and use the net sitting on the benches all over town. see visit-tel-aviv.com/things-do/….UqAdMJWIrmI

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
690 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi in Israel

My personal experience is that almost all 4-5* hotels in Israel charge quite a bit for WiFi use, with the odd exception having free WiFi in the lobby. Although I have no personal experience with small/boutique hotels, the impression I get is that they usually offer free WiFi throughout their premises.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,064 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi in Israel

There is free WIFI throughout the country at many tourist sites, cafes, hotel lobbies and touring buses as well as public transportation. If data usage is of utmost importance get a cell phone data package. If you are an occasional user you won't have a problwm.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi in Israel

In Tel Aviv you'll probably find wifi on restaurants and cafes for free, most of the hotels (4-5 stars) will charge you for it.

7. Re: Wifi in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:19