We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-day Trip to Israel

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
4-day Trip to Israel

Hi,

I would like to kindly ask for your opinion. Together with a friend of mine (2 guys) we are planning a budget 4-day trip to Israel at the end of April. We are flying in to TelAviv on Thursday mid-day and leaving on Monday late afternoon which gives us literally 4 full days.

It is important to say, that we are more interested in the nature/landscapes and wilderness of Israel rather than cities/museums/galleries.

We are planning to rent a car at TelAviv airport and travel on low-budget (bringing sleeping bags and tent) that means no hotel overnights are necessary in the first half of our trip.

Our pre-designed schedule is following (and there I would like to ask you for your advice in terms of it the areas are worth the ride and if yes what exactly to see/do there):

Day 1/Thu - arriving at TLV at mid-day, renting a car and heading up north towards the sea of Galilee (is there any must-see on the way? Netanya, Haifa, Nazareth) where we would like to spend a night (any tips on where exactly to wild-camp?)

Day 2/Fri - leaving the Sea of Galilee and taking Highway 90 down to Jericho (stop and visit) and further south along the Dead Sea - there we want to stop for an hour/two (any tip on a good place with not many tourists to swim and bath?) and then continue down south all the way to Eilat (is this trip worth it or shall we stay inlands and rather head west?). Also I have read that there may be some concerns about the security on the highway 90 (any advice on this one?). Overnight in Negev desert or near Eilat.

Day 3/Sat - leaving south and heading up north via Be´er Sheva via Bethlehem to Jerusalem. Is it also worth to go towards Gaza or Ashkelon/Ashdod or rather directly via Hebron and Bethlehem to Jerusalem? Evening/overnight in Jerusalem (hostel booked at 44 Jaffa Road). We may also skip this night and sleep somewhere on the way before Jerusalem - any tips of a nice wild-camping location?

Day 4/Sun - The city of Jerusalem. Overnight in the same hostel as previous night.

Day 5/Mon - The rest of Jerusalem and later drive to TelAviv. Evening flight back to Prague.

So all in all that is our plan - I will appreciate any advice. Also to sum it up, what out of these is a definite must-see: Nazareth, See of Galilei, Jericho, Dead Sea, Eilat, Gaza, Behlehem, Jerusalem?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
The Jerusalem Hostel
The Jerusalem Hostel
399 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Hebron Hostel
Hebron Hostel
58 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Dead Sea
Dead Sea
1,886 Reviews
Dead Sea Region, Israel
Sea of Galilee
Sea of Galilee
1,892 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Netanya
Netanya
Central District, Israel
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Nazareth
Nazareth
Galilee, Israel
Eilat
Eilat
Southern District, Israel
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
West Bank, Palestinian Territories
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Ashkelon
Ashkelon
Ashdod
Ashdod
Jaffa
Jaffa
Tel Aviv, Israel
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Moshe Kogan Tour Guide
Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Archaeology Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Negev Trek
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Desert Nomads
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Deep Desert Israel
Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Helicopter Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: 4-day Trip to Israel

Dear Shuffaluff,

Thanks for your super-speedy reply.

And I do believe that real beginning of September may be still really very hot after the summer, right?

I think that second half of October would be better then.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,042 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: 4-day Trip to Israel

Yes, the second half of October will be cooler than the beginning of September.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: 4-day Trip to Israel

The weather in the first half of September is usually the same as in August so you will find October much more comfortable.

Perhaps you can extend the trip by a few more days ......

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: 4-day Trip to Israel

Dear mbgg,

Yes everything bad can bring some good...we might reconsider the length of our stay too...

Thanks for your advice.

45. Re: 4-day Trip to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:17