We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Eldan question

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Quick Eldan question

So when i look at a Mazda 6 for May 5-May12 and select comprehensive OR third party liability it shows the same price? I have read a ton of the Insurance posts and and now more confused :/

Can someone help me out?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Eldan question

Website is acting wonky. I just did it--with your dates and worked on the assumption you are NOT getting the car at the airport. After multiple tried I got and repeated $424.12 for the comprehensive and $ 403.12 for the liability only. Even if your credit card DOES of CDW, for an extra $21 I would take it through Eldan. BTW in my dozens and dozens of rentals, once I had a reservation, whatever price was on the reservation was honored--even if the computer initially cranked out something else--I showed the reservation and they got it switched.

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Eldan question

Thanks rdglady! You are correct in that we are not picking up at the airport. It was showing me $414 for both? I guess I should book :)

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Eldan question

Now its showing $436 for comprehensive and $414 for liability? Crazy… Guess I should have booked 5 minutes ago,lol.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Eldan question

Go for it! --let me know if it goes all the way through to the booking stage! --as I said, the website is acting wonky tonight!

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Eldan question

No Luck. It is now not letting me select the date I need to return the car??? Oh well…I have plenty of time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Eldan question

I just went on this AM to see what the status was. It is again giving me the prices that I reported in # 1. Clear you cookies, empty your cache and try again. ( and then watch the site--if prices go down contact them via the "contact us" link on the reservation and ask for the new lower price)

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Eldan question

You could also try using a different web browser. Eg try using Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer or whatever you usually use.

If that works for you would you let us know which browser didn't work and which did...then we can let others know if they experience the same problem.

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Eldan question

Sure wil. Thanks for the suggestion. I would not have thought of that.

beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Eldan question

So I went to Eldan first without clearing my cookies, From May 5-May 12, Mazda 6 was $484.71 comprehensive and $460.71 with liability ( that is roughly a difference of $65 from yesterdays price)

After clearing the cookies it was $460.71 comprehensive and $437.67 for liability???

The jump from yesterdays $414 conpre to todays high of $484 is considerable :/

Edited: 19 January 2014, 11:34
beaumont tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick Eldan question

So I went to Eldan first without clearing my cookies, From May 5-May 12, Mazda 6 was $484.71 comprehensive and $460.71 with liability ( that is roughly a difference of $65)

After clearing the cookies it was $460.71 comprehensive and $437.67 for liability???

The jump from yesterdays $414 conpre to todays high of $484 is considerable :/