We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

We will be travelling by bus from Tiberias to Jerusalem and want to make a stop in Beit She'an to visit the Roman ruins at Beit She'an National Park for a few hours.

Does anybody know which bus stop we should get off at, which is closest to the National Park entrance? Also I assume, that would use the same bus stop to later continue onwards to Jerusalem? We will each be travelling with a small suitcase, which we need to find a locker for while visiting the Park. Are there luggage storage/lockers at the entrance to the park or at the bus station/stop?

As always, grateful for any help in this matter - thank you

Beit She'an National Park
National Parks, Historic Sites
Kfar Nahum (Capernaum) National Park
Ancient Ruins, Churches & Cathedrals, National Parks
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,933 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Unfortunately or you there is no place for you to store your luggage and you will be stuck with it in the national park, unless, you can convince the park staff to hold it for you - otherwise, nothing organized and no lockers.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,012 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Get off at the first stop in Beit Shean. It's less than a 10 minute walk to the entrance to the park.

Chana

Israel

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Thanks Chana, I assume you mean the stop called Beit Shean Sderot Menahem Begin CBS? I'm looking at the map on Egged's web site and can see the bus stop along Rt 90, but from there I can not find the National Park? In which direction is it? North, south, West, East? Is it the one called Beit Shea'n Park, west of Rt 90 or is that just a normal park? I'm confused. Or is it the area near HaBanim garden , where it is marked a Roman temple and Bath house?

Shame there aren't any lockers around... Maybe in the mall, I have read about is situated close to the entrance?

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,933 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

There are no lockers in the mall either. It is actually a fairly new occurrence in Israel altogether that there are lockers in a few bus and train stations.

The reason that this does not exist here is a security concern - there is a very real risk involved which is why lockers and luggage storage are very hard to find here.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Thanks for explaining the background to the locker shortage. Makes sense, but sad!

Cheers

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

The "central bus station" in Beit She'an is actually a couple of bus shelters on Road 90. Don't go looking for a big fancy bus station with a lot of facilities. There's a small café next to the bus station where you can get a coffee or a snack, but that's all.

The national park is the Roman temple and the bath house.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
129 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

Thanks Shuffaluff.

We will make our way over there....with our bags in tow :(

8. Re: Beit Shea'n bus stop? Luggage storage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18