We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our itinerary for the North

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Our itinerary for the North

The wind blows and I change my mind about our itinerary but here is my latest layout for the North. I looked on Google maps to try to plot the logical order of each day but please verify.

Saturday, May 10 – Arrive Tel Aviv 5:10 pm. Rent car, drive to Haifa. Stay in Haifa – 1926 Designed Apartments

Decided to stay 2 nights in Haifa because I really don’t want to have all our belongings in the car when we visit Caesarea.

Sunday, May 11 – 8 am Caesarea, Zippori, Mt. Tabor. Stay in Haifa ( My biggest concern here is going as far as Mt. Tabor then driving back to Haifa but don’t see where else to fit it.)

Monday, May 12 – Akko - Stay at Nof 10.

Tuesday, May 13 – Mt. Beatitudes, Tabgha, Capernaum, The Yigal Alon Museum, Mt. Arbel - Stay at Nof 10.

Wednesday, May 14 – Golan Heights - Olea Essence Olive Press, Mt. Bental, Kibbutz El-Rom for documentary film Oz 77, Nimrod Fortress. Stay at Nof 10.

Decided to stay 2 nights in Haifa because I really don’t want to have all our belongings in the car when we visit Caesarea.

Thank you again.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our itinerary for the North

You will love Nof 10, I did! Casearia and Zippori will fill your day. What do you want to see at Mt. Tabor? Why not tour Haifa? Go to Stella Maris and have a look at the bay, maybe coffee or lunch/dinner at one of the restaurants there with a full view of the bay.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our itinerary for the North

Tzipori and Mt. Tabor are out of the way of Caesarea. I would advise the following changes:

May 11 - leave early morning to be at Caesarea at 8am. Later go to Akko. overnight in Haifa.

May 12 - leave from Haifa to Tzipori, continue to Mt. Tabor, Tabgha, Mt. Beatitudes - overnight at Nof 10.

May 13 - Capernaum, The Yigal Alon Museum, Mt. Arbel, at the evening: Tiberias (+go to the Tiberium water show (free) on the promenade) - overnight at Nof 10

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our itinerary for the North

I knew I would receive great suggestions. Thank you! Yes, Nof 10 looks stunning, I'm very excited for it all.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our itinerary for the North

<<<(+go to the Tiberium water show (free) on the promenade) >>>>

I thought that had been cancelled since the water level in the Kinneret had risen. Perhaps the tour guides who go regularly to the area could comment?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,064 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our itinerary for the North

Why do you want to stay in Haifa if you are not touring there?

Heather there was talk of rebuilding the sound and light show in Tiberias to reflect the new water level. I am double checking if it is indeed functional as stated on their website.

Chana

Israel

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our itinerary for the North

Thanks. I had cut it out of our itinerary a while back.... It would be great to know if it is running again. :). We will be there in 19 days. :)

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our itinerary for the North

I chose Haifa because it was in between Caesarea and Akko. It seemed the most central place to stay for those first 2 days and I found reasonable accomodations there. I'm not married to the choice but as the time draws closer, reasonable options will be disappearing. So I'm open to suggestions.

I'm reluctant to be in a situation where we are visiting Casarea with all our luggage in the car. We are renting a Mazda 3 or equivalent. I'm not entirely sure we will be able to fit everything in the trunk. I know to park by the ampitheatre. Maybe I'm letting that weigh too heavily on my options.

Does the day in the Golan Heights seem feasible?

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our itinerary for the North

I would be looking for first night in one of Zikhron Yakov B&B ,12 KM from Ceasarea. https://www.airbnb.com/s/Zihron-Ya'akov--Israel?checkin=02%2F28%2F2014&checkout=03%2F01%2F2014&source=bb;

Arrange to leave there the luggage until noon. Pick it back on the way from Ceasarea to Akko and stay the second night at the Akko youth hostel. In three day Golan heights tour might be a challenge unless you leave out some of the places you have on your list

Edited: 18 February 2014, 15:31
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our itinerary for the North

Caesarea is not that far from Haifa -- maybe a 30 minute backtrack. And while I am a minority voice on this forum, I think staying in Haifa is a terrific idea. I absolutely adore Haifa and if I lived in Israel, I would live there. I don't know your place -- I hope it is in the Central Carmel area for that view of the bay -- but the city is great. Going back this year with my partner (for the first time in 15 years), I have two nights in Haifa just because it is so beautiful and I want to share it with him again.

Good luck!

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 18 February 2014, 15:53
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our itinerary for the North

Another comment: Mount Tabor has a lot of religious significance for many Christians and Jews. Caesarea does as well for Christians (events in the Book of Acts took place there) and historic significance for many Jews not only because of Herod's huge city but as the place where the Great Revolt began. Zippori has religious connotations as a center for Jewish life and learning after the Second Revolt and for Christians as the big city very near where Jesus grew up, and likely an influence on his view of Roman power and oppression. I don't know Marty's specific reasons, but my point is to recognize that there are reasons why people might want to see these places beyond their interest aesthetically or historically. That's certainly true of me.

But I agree that Tabor in particular is way out of the way for that particular day.

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 18 February 2014, 16:00