We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find your message?

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find your message?

I am noticing that some messages appear to have vanished over the last few hours. I can only assume that Trip Advisor is working behind the scenes on something and they will probably reappear in a while.

It appears to be some of the regional boards that are affected. If you can't find your message looking in the area where you see all the boards together then you can try looking just at the area board you posted on. However I find messages missing from those areas also.

I think the best thing to do is to go to your settings and find the list of contributions you have made. As far as I can tell the messages still appear there and you can check to see if your questions have been answered that way.

Just be aware that some of the people here who are great at answering questions may have missed your question because of this glitch so keep checking back for more answers over the next couple of days or until the system rights itself. :)

dallas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find your message?

I had this exact thing happen a week or so ago. I did like you said and could find my post under my list of contributions. A few hours later it reappeared :)

Edited: 19 February 2014, 11:34
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't find your message?

There was a period last week when whole threads would disappear from my view, and then reappear. One was the "cute shoe" thread, tantoria.

dallas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find your message?

That was the exact post I notice doing this as well.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find your message?

I suspected it was happening then but didn't notice which threads were disappearing and reappearing to be sure. This time I went looking for a specific thread I had posted on only an hour before and couldn't find it anywhere. Then there were other threads where it showed only three messages bit when I clicked on them there were a lot more. I left the thread and refreshed the page and they still weren't showing the correct number of messages.

Anyway, I just thought it would be helpful to anyone new to forums to let them know this kind of thing happens when there is work on the system behind the scenes. :)

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find your message?

Cheers for mentioning this, Heather!

6. Re: Can't find your message?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:17