We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hi,

I'm holding Hong Kong SAR passport. I'm planning to cross border from Jordan to Israel and return to Jordan within 14 days, via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge. Can anyone advise me on below questions please?

1) Can you confirm if visa is not required from both Jordan and Israel?

2) What time should I arrive to the border? For both departure and return. Do I need to arrive before border opens?

3) Is there any forms that I need to fill in in advance? And anything that I should be aware of?

Many thanks!!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Welcome to the Israeli forum. Regarding visa to Jordan please check with Jordan forum.For Israel no visa is required (see Israel embassy in Australia web site http://embassies.gov.il/canberra/ConsularServices/Pages/Visa-Information.aspx)

Allenby bridge is notorious for long lines thus you should plan accordingly. For more details check the official site www.iaa.gov.il/Rashat/en-US/Borders/Alenbi/.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,936 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Additionally, while you will receive a tourist visa from Israel at entry and there are no forms you need to take care of in advance. - in order to enter Jordan ath the Allenby Bridge you need to arrange for a visa in advance.

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Note: If you cross from Jordan to Israel at the Allenby/King Hussein bridge (as per your original post), your Jordanian visa is not considered used/expired. Thus, you may still reenter Jordan with the same visa at this border.

If you use this border to enter Jordan for the first time, then you must indeed prearrange your visa to Jordan, as Jordan visas are not issued at Allenby/King Hussein border. Cheers!

Edited: 26 February 2014, 07:27
4. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 06:23