We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver-guide to West Bank

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Private driver-guide to West Bank

Hi to everyone! Me ant my partner will visit Jerusalem in March, and we would like to spend one day visiting Bethleme/ Jericho/ Dead See/ some other site... So I'm looking for a driver-tour guide that could pick up us in Jerusalem and drive to the West Bank.

Thanks in advance!

Dalia

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

This is probably too much for one day. Dead Sea sites are divided between pre-1967 Israel and the West Bank, and are in Area C, which is all under Israeli control. You can visit easily on your own, either hiring a car or on a day tour; Abraham Tours offers a reasonably priced transport option:

http://abrahamtours.com/theme/dead-sea-tours/

People here might have recommendations for a guide for Bethlehem and Jericho; you could also try the West Bank forum. (NB you can also visit these places independently, especially Bethlehem, which is a 20-minute taxi or bus ride from Jerusalem).

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

I haven't used these people yet, but have booked with them to provide a private guide into other parts of the West Bank in April. I have checked out their website several times over the last few years and from what I have found out Christian groups seem very happy with them.

http://www.twinstours.org

When you have done your trip please report back and let us know who you used and how your day turned out so that others can benefit from your experience. :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

It will be too difficult to visit all three areas on the same day. You could easily go to Bethlehem on your own using public transportation (there is a bus from Damascus Gate). Then use the services of an authorized driver to take you to Jericho and the Dead Sea.

Any taxi driver with authorization to be in both the PA and Israel is suitable for this type of trip.

Chana

Israel

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

There is no problem visit Bethlehem Jericho and the Dead Sea in one day. You'll need a guide with a car ti di that. A lot of Israeli tourguide can also arrange this for you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

I was also referred to Green Olive Tours; hope to use them in May

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

Just know that with Green Olive Tours, you will get a very political, pro-Palestinian, anti-Israeli/occupation narrative. That's your choice, of course, but personally I don't want political indoctrination during my tours -- of any persuasion.

Douglas Duckett

7. Re: Private driver-guide to West Bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:18