We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Questions

chicago
Level Contributor
411 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Questions

What would the cost be for two people from the airport to the Inbal hotel in Jeruselam? Also from Jerusalem to Ramat Beit Shemesh and also will it be a problem going on a Saturday ?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Questions

Assuming you are traveling before 9PM Sunday-Thursday and before 5PM on Friday the fare is 273NIS plus a few shekels for each piece of luggage. You can save money by taking the Nesher sherut. A sherut is a shared taxi--it holds 10 passengers and is 68NIS per person. It goes when full and you may ( or may not) get a small tour of Jerusalem prior to arriving at your hotel.

On Saturday The rate from Jerusalem to Beit Shemesh is 191NIS. Assuming you are not going to a Hareidi section of Ramat Beit Shemesh or attempting to drive through one) there is no problem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Questions

300 shekels from the airport to Jerusalem for two people. Additional charge for over 2 people and each piece of luggage. Shabbat from Beit Shemesh to Jerusalem is about 80 shekels on Shabbat for 2 people without luggage. Keep in mind that some areas of Ramat Beit Shemesh do not allow vehicular traffic so you will need to let the taxi driver know where to you pick you up if this is the situation.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Questions

Chana, I don't know where you found NIS 80 from Beit Shemesh to Jerusalem (or the reverse) on Shabbat. It's NIS 191. Even on a weekday it is NIS 165.

There is no sherut to Beit Shemesh (or Ramat Beit Shemesh) on Shabbat.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Questions

Shuffaluff--I wrote the same taxi fares as you did. The sherut i referred to was Nesher--which I mentioned as an option from TLV.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Questions

I think we're at cross-purposes here. I know you said the same taxi fares as I did. Chana said (as I pointed out) <<Shabbat from Beit Shemesh to Jerusalem is about 80 shekels on Shabbat for 2 people without luggage. >>

The Beit Shemesh-Jerusalem sherut doesn't run on Shabbat, so the only option is a taxi, which is the fare that both you and I stated!

And just as a further point of clarification for anyone reading this: Nesher doesn't go to Beit Shemesh.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Questions

ok

7. Re: Taxi Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:15