We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

Hi we just booked our airfare & are arriving on a red eye flight from the eastern US at 8pm local time in mid-May.

We were thinking of 6 nights Jerusalem, 2 nights sea of Galilee (should we book a hotel in Tiberius or elsewhere?) & 3 nights Tel Aviv (we can stay for free at the Renaissance). How does that sound? Advice? Should we add/delete days- where? We are very independent, very experienced travelers & like to go at our own pace & take lots of photos.

I checked with the Montefiore hotel & they only have rooms for the first portion of our trip when we arrive. Should we book that & go to Jerusalem first? Than go to the Sea of Galilee or Tel Aviv next? Would it be more crowded on Friday & Saturday & is that a consideration to make Tel Aviv next?

Looking forward to your responses DE's! Thanks for your advice! We are looking forward to coming!

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

Hiya! Sorry für the intrusion, however it sounds like you already have a very wonderful hols ahead of you! Enjoy the rest of your planning und happy hols. Cheers!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,981 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

I would consider first Tel Aviv, then the Galilee, ending with your six nights in Jerusalem. Leaving the best for last is always a good idea. Plus you can rent the car from Tel Aviv and return it in Jerusalem after a visit to the Dead Sea area, cutting car rental costs, parking headaches and driving in city traffic.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

I would avoid hotels in Tiberia except of The Scots Hotel. Instead suggest to use resorts on the beach like Maagan Eden Hotel or Nof Ginosar Kibbutz Hotel. I would recommenced to book the hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

if you are renting a car you could add a day to the north to see perhaps Cesearea on your way up north or Beit Shean on your way back to Jerusalem. Two days would feel a bit rushed in the north as there is a lot to experience.

start in Tel Aviv then travel north and then spend five days in Jerusalem including a day for the dead sea, Ein Geddi and Masada

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

A location north of Tiberias would be more convenient for touring the upper Galilee and Golan as there is little to see in Tiberias itself. Rosh Pina is a good location and there are a lot of B&Bs (zimmers) there. Even further north - the hotels in Kfar Blum and HaGoshrim.

http://goo.gl/maps/VL5GL

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

If at all possible, start in Tel Aviv, then Galilee and end in Jerusalem. I'd consider adding an additional night in Galilee at the expense of one night in Jerusalem.

In Galilee, I'd avoid Tiberias as your base if you have a rental car. Consider any one of the kibbutz hotels in the North - the best are Pastoral Kfar Blum, Hagoshrim and Nof Ginosar. Kibbutz Lavi is also an excellent choice as long as you will not be staying there over Friday/Saturday.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

How long will it take to see Caesera? We thought since we can stay for free in Tel Aviv we would see that & maybe something else in the area & than drive back to Tel Aviv. How long would it take to drive there? Is it safe to leave your suitcases in the car? ( prvovding they are hidden in the trunk). Someone mentioned there are car break ins at Caesera. Is that true?

Thanks for all your help & advice!

The Milenium hotel, where you all recommend is booked for the last 6 nights starting May 22. I tried the Harmony & looked at the Scottish guesthouse & YMCA but am open to others. Should I post this separately?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

With regard to Caesarea, I would say give it two to three hours. If your luggage is in the trunk, you should be fine -- just park near and preferably in view of the ranger building at the Roman Theater entrance. At the Aqueduct (where most of the break-ins were), keep the car in view, but that is really easy to do. Of note, the break-ins were some time ago and we have not heard any reports for quite a while. Under pressure, including from this forum, I think they upped the security at the site significantly.

On places to stay in your price range, I think you've identified good options -- you may wish to price the Eldan, Prima Royale, and Dan Boutique as well.

Douglas Duckett

10. Re: 11 nights, 10 full days- suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28