We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Not sure if anyone will see this in time but I figured it never hurt to ask. We are leaving Jerusalem this morning and will be in Tel Aviv tonight. We have an 11am at Genesis Land so hopefully there will be a break in the rain (we have been pretty lucky so far) and then I had thought to stop at Mini Israel and/ or Latrun museum on the way to Tel Aviv with our 10 year old twins. Many of the reviews state that Mini Israel it is a bit run down and not well maintained and expensive. I thought maybe we should skip it but would love some opinions. I do have a 1+1 coupon- not sure if you can use it for four tickets or just two, however I don't want to waste our time, expense is relative to the experience. We have had an incredible time so far with the authentic locations and I plan on posting a full report when we get home. Both kids want to make Aliyah based on the food and playgrounds alone!

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Mini Israel
Mini Israel
255 Reviews
Israel
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Tend to agree that Mini Israel is not worth the money. You could go to Latrun and also see if you can get a space on the Ayalon Museum tour in Rehovot on your way to Tel Aviv. Perfect for 10-year old (boys?)

Edited: 13 March 2014, 06:22
Mentioned in this post
Mini Israel
Mini Israel
255 Reviews
Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,442 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Considering that it will be pouring rain all day, you should avoid any outdoor sites such as Mini Israel (which I recommend). I haven't been to Latrun so I can't give an opinion. Another good option is the Stalactite Cave, above Bet Shemesh:

parks.org.il/parksandreserves/stalactitecave…

The new coloured lighting system installed two yrs ago is fantastic.

Mentioned in this post
Mini Israel
Mini Israel
255 Reviews
Israel
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,289 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

This may be too late, but I just checked a weather advisory for Latrun

http://weather-it-is-israel.com/forecast.php

and it says only showers. --I know it is NOT raining in Netanya at the moment, and even last night--with lightning and thunderstorms, there were breaks!

I would go to Latrun because I feel your sons are the right age to really enjoy the tanks.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

I never understood the attraction of Mini Israel, so I would go with Latrun. It's pouring now, so maybe neither is a good bet. Perhaps the Palmach Museum in Tel Aviv -- but you need to make reservations. Call and see if they have an English tour.

Mentioned in this post
Mini Israel
Mini Israel
255 Reviews
Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,717 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

By the time you see this it will be too late, but don't fret, going to Genesis Land at 11 does not give you any time to do the sites you inquired about -- and of course the rain will put a damper on your visit. If you are interested in Jewish things, I suggest visiting the Ptil Tkhelet site in Kfar Adumim. Indoor and interesting for the whole family. Call them to see if they can take you today after Gensis Land at 02-590-0577. It is very close by there.

Chana

Israel

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Thanks so much. Just spoke to Genesis Land. At the moment the camels are not going so we may cancel. We did Ayalon and have Palmach reservations for tomorrow but may try to move it to today. The tour at Genesis land ends at 12:30 so it seems reasonable to do something else as well . Soreq caves could work too. Thanks !

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

Thanks everyone. Rescheduled Palmach for this morning moved Genesis land to tomorrow optimistically.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

I'me sure both you and the twin will love the Stalactite cave - it's beautiful, and a great 1-2 hours stop. There's a nice visitor's center there too. Latrun could've been a wonderful place too (been there about 8 months ago with my daughters and they loved it). However, given the weather and the fact that most of the exhibition in Latrun is outdoors, it may not be a good idea. If you end up going to Latrun, make sure to watch the movie there.

9. Re: Mini Israel, or Latrun Armored Corp Museum or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27