We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purim Tourism Updates

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Purim Tourism Updates

Thanks to certain contacts in the highest circles, which I am naturally unable to specify, I am able to bring the Forum some exclusive tourism-related scoops on this special day. Please treat this information as strictly confidential.

If any other Forum users have their own scoops to add, that would be most useful.

Purim Sameach,

Shaul

Responding to criticism that hotel prices in Israel are unreasonably high, Israel’s Ministry of Tourism is now offering second mortgages to potential visitors in order to enable them to make that once-in-a-lifetime visit to the Holy Land.

Two Norwegian visitors were questioned for three hours at Ben Gurion Airport before finally being reprimanded and allowed to leave Israel. Their offense: visiting Jerusalem first and then Tel Aviv. A security spokesman commented, “Don’t these guys read the Trip Advisor forum?”

A group of 50 Ukrainians cancelled their planned visit to Israel. The group leader explained, “We heard that a tile fell off a roof somewhere in Israel and injured a cat. We’ll stay in Ukraine where’s it’s nice and safe.”

A fervent lover of Israel who spends some 42.66687 percent of his time in the country demanded to undergo a longer security interview before leaving Israel. “I would gladly spend my entire visit undergoing questioning if that’s what the spotty 20-year-old kid thinks is best for Israel,” he proclaimed.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,904 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

Great! And Purim Sameach to you too!!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

Purim Sameach!

note to those who do not get it: --On the holiday of Purim, it is customary to dress up ( you should see my beautiful long BLUE hair) and post items that are tongue in check. ( or "shtick" as some may say). THAT is what PSRV has done. Please treat the information in this post in the same vein as it was written!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

Don't get too drunk my friends.

My experience of Israelis means two shandys should suffice.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,422 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

In true Israeli fashion to PRSV I say --- GADOL

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

Shaul:

Your stories will probably be reprinted in the Guardian as serious news :-)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

That. Was. Hilarious. Toda!

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

In a more serious note - I liked the Ukraine part and remembered that a few weeks ago someone from Kiev asked if it is safe in Israel....

Its a nice warm day in Tel Aviv, just came back home. The streets are full with people in costumes including many grown-ups. I felt left-out without a mask or something. :(

Edited: 16 March 2014, 11:45
Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

I nearly fell off my seat laughing - not too appropriate given we have just been around sad areas of Beit Hatfutsot and most people are very sober-faced - but it does go with Minnie Mouse who sold us the coffee, and a werewolf we just caught sight of. :)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

The Guardian won't use them as there are no spelling mistakes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purim Tourism Updates

Thanks for the info, PRSV

Purim Sameach all, from Jerusalem. Where the fun is just beginning! Some costumes in the Israel Museum,none at the Supreme Court. And that's true.

Need to stay awake long enough for tonight's Megillah reading.