We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't believe it's nearly over

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Can't believe it's nearly over

I've been here in Israel, based in my Jerusalem rental apartment for about two weeks and am getting ready for my flight back tomorrow. Despite the really cold and nasty weather, it's been a great trip. Lots of sightseeing and visiting with family and friends. A delightful Purim in Jerusalem ----- both the Megillah reading and the joy of being among the costumed Jerusalemites all over the city yesterday. Machane Yehuda was a hoot.

I'm nearly all packed, including the halvah and Tehina I (over?)bought yesterday. And the chocolate ruggelach from Marzipan at a friend's request and then also for me. (I do agree with my cousin though that Patisserie Ness on Rachel Imenu in the German Colony is a much better bakery.

Looking forward to dinner tonight at HaHatser, a Mediterranean meat restaurant with my cousins.

Todah rabbah to all.

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

glad you enjoyed your holiday. You'll have to plan the next one!

there is more Halva for sale at the airport shops! As well as Max Brenner chocolates and other goodies.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

I am sure you will have wonderful memories of your trip for a very long time. No doubt your thoughts will be 'how soon can I return?'

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

This was my 7th trip since 1969 and nearly four years. Since my last. That was just too long a time between!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,666 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

It's always hard when the trip is over but I'm sure you will be planning your next one soon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

Thank YOU especially for all your help, Oreets. You are the best guide. Loving my photos from our day together. And need to start planning my next trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

In the airport. Security very fast but thorough------I was asked the names of my cousins' kids. More from the other side, bye bye, l'hitraot.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

Have a safe and easy trip and see you soon back.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

Hope you had a safe flight.

( writing from NYC!)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

I remember when I returned to Israel in 2005 after a long (for me) hiatus -- I had not been since 1999, after establishing a pattern of going every two years since 1988. I remember on arrival having tears in my eyes and turning to my friend, saying "It will never been this long between visits again if I can possibly help it." And, thanks be to God, it hasn't. I'm now in a situation where, God willing, I should be able to go every year.

So start planning that next trip, and I'm so happy to hear that this one went well!

Douglas Duckett

10. Re: Can't believe it's nearly over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:23