We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February travel?

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
February travel?

Looking at airline prices for next year. We are considering Feb. How will the weather be in the north and also Jerusalem? Thanks.

Kathy....flying home from Myrtle Beach today

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: February travel?

Winter weather can fluctuate. Sometimes it rains heavy in the north and center during February, except this year we didn't have enough rain but it was cold. If Jerusalem was between 10-15C (50-59F), the north will be colder.

John

Edited: 03 April 2014, 14:42
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February travel?

Jerusalem and north average temperature 9°C/48°F, low temperature 5°C/41°F, high temperature 13°C/55°F

As it is winter expect occasional rain.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February travel?

No guarantees, but we will all be hoping for lots of sorely needed rain.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: February travel?

Heavy rain (we hope), and snow is not unknown in Jerusalem, as well as the mountains of Galilee, in February.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: February travel?

Kathy, I know you were nervous driving on your last trip. I just thought I would mention that driving in snow can be much more challenging.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: February travel?

I was there in Feb of 2012. There was some rain/showers on about half the days of our trip. One day we had rain of Biblical proportions - I kept looking for a big boat and a line of animals. That said, prices were lower and sites less crowded than high season.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,093 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: February travel?

Winter 2012-2013 was diametrically opposite to the one that is now ending. It was VERY cold ( as in I wore my down coat in Jerusalem) and very wet--as in it rained ALL day --day after day after day! Visiting in the winter is always a gamble. You have to decide how much risk you want to take. BTW you do NOT complain about rain--it only gets you chastised by Israelis who are very grateful for it.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: February travel?

I would agree -- from everything I have heard, February is very mercurial -- pun intended. I would shoot for March if you can make it work.

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: February travel?

Bad weather doesn't really make me hesitate.......(or the possibility of it....).....Rain is no problem at all to me (I live in Indiana) and driving in the snow...well, I've done it for about 50 years. HOWEVER (LOL) my friend, Debbie, who will accompany me would not want to come and have a higher likelihood of inclement weather conditions simply because she is a beach-dweller and when I was there with her recently she complained when the temp fell below 70 and told me a lot about how horrible their winter was this year (which it was much colder and so on than normal for them)............hhhhmmm..............Yeah....looks like it will be March. But, you just have to IMAGINE my glee when I found a ticket roundtrip for $1050 during Feb. Being happy with the trip in every way is more important, though. I will keep on looking at March prices after I share your most gracious input with her. Thank you, everybody! :-)

Kathy....back home again in Indiana

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: February travel?

If your friend needs the temps to be over 70 then March is not the answer either.