Hi everyone, I've been reading the various tips and seems like there is a really active Israel travel group. We're planning our end of April, 9 day trip to Israel. We're very excited about visting this beautiful country, and so it would be great if we can tap into your collective knowledge !
This is our proposed itinerary:
20 - 21 April:Tel Aviv
22 April: Drive to Haifa, stopping at Caesarea
23 April: Drive from Haifa to Tiberias, stopping at various sites in Gailee
24 April: Drive to Jerusalem (stopping at Beit She'an)
25 April: Jerusalem
26 April: Jerusalem
27 April: Ramallah /Nablus
28 April: Day trip to Dead Sea OR overnight and then another day in Ramallah/Nablus?
29 April: Fly home in the evening
We have a couple of questions:
1. Does the above itinerary look realistic and do-able?
2. We're keen to see a bit of the West Bank. Does anyone recommend any tours that will allow an overnight stay in either Ramallah or Nablus?
3. The 21st of April is the last day of Passover. Should we try to drive up to Haifa that day or should we stay in Tel Aviv?
4. If there is one thing we can skip, what would that be? eg. Sites around Galilee?
5. We propose to do a one-way car hire from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Given it is Passover and general security conditions, will there be any problems driving? We're also thinking of going down Route 90 along the Jordan River.
6. We're both keen to stay in rural areas and to experience Israeli food. Any other tips in addition to what was suggested on this post? tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k7…
Thank you everyone in advance.