We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone numbers

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Phone numbers

This may sound stupid but.

I m going to tel aviv in a week. All the telephone numbers I ve been given here in the UK for utilities for exemple stolen cards from the bank stolen mobile phone and insurance claim are 0845 numbers.

Do they work from Israel? Can they be dialled?

Thank you for any help on this

:)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone numbers

Try to look in their website for international numbers when calling from abroad - should begin with +44

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone numbers

Yes, I have tried that, but many here do not have 'normal' numbers anymore and they say for example for my mobile ring 0044 845 301 4455 and I m not sure Israel supports these numbers. Some countries do not.

To be fair it is ever more stupid than that. They say if you telephone is stolen dial 4455 from your mobile. As its stolen that will prove difficult lol

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone numbers

if it's possible to ring +44 845 301 4455 then Israel is no special - if you can ring a number from abroad, you can ring it from Israle.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone numbers

You can call 0845 numbers from Israel but if you use the site saynoto0870.com you might be able to find alternative standard numbers which are not as expensive to call.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone numbers

You should be given numbers to ring from abroad, get your bank etc to confirm that the ones you have been given are the ones to use.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phone numbers

The credit card company or bank has as much interest as you in blocking stolen cards as soon as possible. They must have numbers that can be called from overseas. Check their web site for information or phone them.

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Phone numbers

Thanks everyone for your help with this very much appreciated. I ve had an email from my mobile customer services department who says that the 0845 number should be valid in Israel. Hopefully i wont have to use any of those numbers. Although, you would think that they have standard numbers but no they don't as those get charged a different rate to a normal local number!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Phone numbers

Chris, I just tried dialing - from my Israeli cellphone - the number you gave in your post 2. It rang, a recorded voice answered "Welcome to ??? (name not clear) Mobile" and of course I hung up immediately - if one hangs up from a mobile phone!* This was enough to prove that it works absolutely fine.

*All this new technology came in after I moved to Israel and I don't know the words in English for any of it... disconnected probably ;-

9. Re: Phone numbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:15