We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Agra, India
Level Contributor
106 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Hi Gentleman, please help me with a suitable ity to maximise and my travel dates and tentative ity. is as under :

8th June : Arrive Tel Aviv at 1510 hours drive to Jerusalem

13th June : Depart Tel Aviv at 0600 hours for Munich

I can stay first 2 nights at Jerusalem and then 3 nights at Tel Aviv .

I have been to dead sea at Jordan side.

Hence need to plan daywise with excursions

June 9 ...

June 10...

June 11..

June 12...

Grateful for your help and guidence. Many thanks...

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

My wife and I spent 5 days in Jerusalem and we probably could have used more so I will suggest planning on staying there and maybe do a daytrip to Tel Aviv.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

June 9- Old City of Jerusalem

June 10- New City of Jerusalem

June 11- Stay and extra day in Jerusalem to see the sites

June 12- Tel Aviv-Yafo, tour Jaffa, NeveTzedek, take in the beach promenade

You have very little time and spending 3 days in Jerusalem will give you time to see some of the major sites. It is impossible to actually suggest sites unless you give us an idea of your interests. Do you want to see religious sites? If so, which religion? Do you want to visit historical sites or cultural sites, what kind? Do you enjoy museums or galleries? Are you active and can do 10 hours on your feet or are you looking for something more laid back? Are you traveling alone or with someone? There is no one way to see Israel or Jerusalem, a lot depends on where your interests lie. Please give some more info so you can get relevent answers to your question.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

The Dead Sea on the Jordanian side is a resort area. The Israeli side has the site Masada that is one of the top "must see" places in Israel. It requires at least half a day so maybe you won't have time for it. In Jerusalem don't miss Yad Va'Shem.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
106 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Hello Friends,

Thanks to all of you for your excellant suggestions.

I am travelling with my wife and we are ok with 10 hour sechdule.

It is a great idea to arrive Tel Aviv on 8th and drive direct to Jerusalem...stay 8, 9, 10, 11 at Jerusalem and then shift to Tel Aviv for the night stay of 12th June.

Kindly advise on the following if in order ? :

June 9- Old City of Jerusalem with Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial

June 10- New City of Jerusalem

June 11- Full day Masada with dead sea

June 12- Tel Aviv-Yafo, tour Jaffa, NeveTzedek, take in the beach promenade

as we have early flight Tel Aviv / Munich on 13th June at 6 am hence 12th night at Tel Aviv is preferred.

We just wish to see the highlights of all the three religions and we are NOT into religious / piligrimage tour. Many thanks ...Basically " Must see " sites. ...we like sightseeing with guide..

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Its a bit too late to book a guide now as they are already booked so do that ASAP, the same with hotels. For the trip to Dead-Sea-Masada you don't need a guide but public transport is not easy so you should take a tour. For Yad Vashem you don't need a guide either. So what you need is one and half days in Jerusalem and a day in Tel Aviv. Enjoy your trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

When you say "drive from Tel Aviv," I hope you're not planning a rental car from the airport to Jerusalem. Jerusalem (and the city of Tel Aviv itself) are very difficult to drive in, and parking is a nightmare. Far better to take a private taxi or sherut (less expensive group taxi) from the airport (which is not in Tel Aviv but between that city and Jerusalem). The only time a rental car would make sense is to drive to Masada, but rather than rent for one day, I'd consider the group tours through the Abraham Hostel.

Enjoy your all-too-short visit!

Douglas Duckett

Visiting New York City

Agra, India
Level Contributor
106 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Hi Thanks Douglas,

Yes we shall take Sherut for airport .....I guess they are available after arrival or do we need to book them in advance ?

For sightseeing and Masada we shall take group tours.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

To take the sherut from the airport to Jerusalem there is no need to pre-book - simply walk out the terminal, turn right and look for the sign that says to Jerusalem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

The Nesher shuttle (not strictly a sherut but never mind) will be waiting there at the airport, no need to book in that direction - in fact you can't. They are 10-seater minibuses, go when they are full, fill up quickly, and will take you to almost any address in Jerusalem, cost 64 shekels per person including luggage.

For the return journey, from Jerusalem to the airport, Nesher must be booked a day or two in advance. You hotel can do this for you.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
106 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please suggest a suitable ity. to maximise Israel visit

Hi Thanks very much to all of you...

Yes, we shall use the shuttle as suggested.

Kindly also recommend a reliable best sightseeing tour operator for coach tours who runs small groups with knowledgable guides.

Many thanks...