We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

New York City
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

I am trying to book for August 19 from Ben Gurion to Eliat..Israair website does not have any tickets, I am assuming its because they arent taking orders yet

Any idea when they allow the purchase of tickets

New York City
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

So can I make the 9:30 at Sde Dov if I arrive at 5:30 am?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

Theoretically you should be able to make it, but I would never personally book it. If your flight is late in arriving at TLV--you have a problem. Don't forget you are leaving NYC in a season that can be full of thunder storms and that spells delay. Depending upon what time you actually get out of TLV--you hit rush hour--and that can be a big problem. In fact, if the train schedule was amenable, I would seriously consider taking a train to the city of Tel Aviv and a cab from there--versus a cab all the way.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

Train seems to run every 20 mins and takes 15 Mins to Tel Aviv Hagana Station ..Is that the one I want to go to?

How far is Tel Aviv Hagan from Sde Dov?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

No, as I wrote above, if you are taking the train to Tel Aviv you should get off at University station, which is very close to Sde Dov. Hagana is almost as far as it is possible to be from Sde Dov and still in Tel Aviv.

The current timetable (it may be different by August, but not radically so) has trains leaving from Ben-Gurion Airport twice an hour in mid-morning, at xx:17 and xx:56, arriving at Tel Aviv University station 28 minutes later. University is the 4th stop.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

You can see from this map that the distance from the University Station to Sde Dov is 2.5 km = 6 min driving time:

http://goo.gl/maps/LDDb7

After you exir through the turnstiles in the station, walk through the tunnel to the RIGHT to themain entrance. There are always taxis there:

http://goo.gl/maps/6T7iF

Edited: 08 May 2014, 08:10
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

Sorry - that link isn't showing the route correctly. You can see the station (on the right )and the airport (on the left) on this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/is0Y2

New York City
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

So then I guess I should take the 10:40 and not the 9:30

New York City
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

When I get back from Petra, I am going to Jerusalem from Ben Gurion (return flight is to Ben Gurion not Dov)

If I am going to either City Hall or the Main Bus Station, Which station do I go to Malha or Biblical Zoo and does it really take 1 Hour 40 Mins from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem via train? Is there a faster bus or something?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

The (old) train line connnecting Jerusalem is very slow, about 1.5 hours. The new line will be open in 2016 and will shorten the time to 20 minutes (airport->Jerusalem).

In the meantime, the best way is to take the airport's sherut to Jerusalem - a shuttle with 10 seats, goes when it's full and takes 35 minutes to get to Jerusalem. The shuttle can take you directly to your address for 64 NIS or the the central bus station for 41 NIS.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: How far in Advance does Israair book tickets?

I second Amos's recommendation of the Nesher shuttle. This is the only practical way (apart from a taxi) to get from the airport to Jerusalem. It's not the absolute cheapest but it's by far the most cost effective and convenient.

To save you the trouble of doing comparisons: train involves going to Tel Aviv and changing there, and the station (actually both of them; Zoo station is just a few minutes' walk from Malha station) in Jerusalem is in the back of beyond.

Bus involves taking a local bus from the airport to the remote El Al Junction in the middle of nowhere and hoping that a bus coming from Haifa will have room for you (if it's full it won't stop, and repeat for next bus and maybe next six buses... you get the idea). And then it would only take you to the Jerusalem central bus station and you'd need to take some other form of transport from there to wherever you're going.

Nesher will take you painlessly to almost any address in Jerusalem.