We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dear friends, we need you now!

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
775 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dear friends, we need you now!

As we wait with hope and fear mixed that the promised ceasefire will actually come to pass – and most important pray that our kidnapped boys will be brought home safe and well (not a word has been heard about their wellbeing in this awful month ) please think of how Israel needs you and how you can help.

Here in Israel all of us fortunate enough to be out of the range of the missiles have done our best, sending comfort parcels to those trapped up north, some brave people as you know going up to entertain and encourage those cowering in shelters.

There are places like Kiryat Shmoneh and Nahariya and Acco and Haifa and Sfat where destruction is everywhere, from schools to hospitals to the shopping mall.

But also every time you heard “the missile fell on open ground” what you didn’t hear was another fire broke out, more trees burnt, more wild animals were trapped. Jackals, foxes, deer, eagles, wild boars, gazelles and of course domestic cattle all have suffered heavy casualties. The Hula has sustained many hits and many of the beautiful and stately old eucalyptus have gone.

There are of course already funds for replanting trees, (again we give money when we go to the supermarket ) and for rebuilding. And if you want to add your contribution that would be grand.

But there is a special way that you readers of Tripadvisor can really help.

Go north my friends, go north!

You may not realise quite how great the damage is up there, so take that in to account, but if you start booking for November, December and beyond NOW - you will give such a lift to the spirits of those poor people! And give them the incentive they need to pick up the pieces and go forward.

Thank you.

Pamela

ps Those of you who pray, please say a special word for all our injured and wounded – some still fighting for their lives and many facing months, if not years of rehabilitation ahead of them. Others who will have to live with disabilities that will not go away with time.

Thank you.

HabereH Pub
Art Galleries, Bars & Clubs
Faran Natural Cosmetic
Factory Outlets, Gift & Speciality Shops
Hadasaar Natural Living
Gift & Speciality Shops
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

Pamela....Your note has touched my heart. If I could be there in support of the people of Israel, I would do it in a minute.

For now, I will remember all those in harm's way with prayers for peace, safety, and a quick and complete recovery.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

Will do, Pamela. I'm thinking November, or early Spring.

Is there a list of all the available charities anywhere (in English would help)? I have previously donated to ICPT, a PTSD clinic in Israel, and would like to donate to reforestation, to whatever the Israeli Humane Society is (I read about tens of thousands of pets, many injured, all terrified, in northeren Israel) and to rehabilitation services.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

Dear Pamela,

We are flying out today and will arrive in Tel Aviv on Tuesday. I hope for everyones sake that a ceasefire can be achieved. I pray every day for the release of the kidnapped boys and for peace.

May God bless you all.

Nefertari

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

Pamela.....wonderful post! We postponed our trip but will be coming in October instead of September. Got the airline tickets changed and now working on the hotel thing.......one down and one to go.

We are going to be bringing items for IDF soldiers to Ziv Tzedakah Fund.......bringing those to Jerusalem and hope to be able to help one day with preparing packages. Also bringing new children's clothing and school supplies that we have a contact for to distribute into several places.

WE ARE COMING!

Pamela.....do you know anything about damage around the area of Ginosar? We are staying in the kibbutz hotel there and I have been there twice in the past so therefore wondering.............thanks.

Kathy

Paragon, Indiana, USA

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,049 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

Kathy, I join you in hopes for peace for the country and for Lebanon as well. It looks as if things may calm down in time for our trips -- though that totally pales, of course, in terms of the impact on the people living there.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
6. Re: Dear friends, we need you now!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:16