We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for 7 day Trip

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for 7 day Trip

Hello

I and my wife have the opportunity to visit Israel in December. 8 years ago I visited Jerusalem, Acre, Herzliya, Tel Aviv. I expect a lot has changed and so would welcome recommendations for a 7 day itinerary at that time of year. I would be prepared to drive. Our preference is to be based in Tel Aviv but maybe with two nights elsewhere. Our interests are history/culture, scenery and the buzz of Tel Aviv.

Thanks

L

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for 7 day Trip

Although it normally makes sense to use three bases for touring our country: Tel Aviv, Galilee and Jerusalem, with only 6 nights in country, you could spend 3 in Tel Aviv and 3 in Jerusalem.

Though it will involve a lot of driving, you can do a day trip to Galilee from Tel Aviv.

You didn't mention the Judean Desert. Have you been to Masada and the Dead Sea? If not, definitely include that area on the December tour.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for 7 day Trip

I agree with Dave's advice. I might spend one night in the north just to minimize commuting time.

If it would be of help in planning your trip, I would be happy to send a copy of a free, noncommercial guide to Israel travel that I offer to anyone who asks. It is a 59-page .pdf file; to get it, just write me at Labatt@fuse.net, and I will send it as a file attachment via return e-mail. And no strings -- I am not even in the travel business.

The guide is based on my own travel experiences and as said above, I am not in the travel business, so it does not purport to be all-encompassing or a substitute for a more thorough, comprehensive, and professional guidebook. For that, I recommend either Frommer's or Fodor's. It does have lots of hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as suggested itineraries and other information about Israel travel.

My offer goes to anyone reading this, by the way, but you must send me an e-mail, NOT a message on Trip Advisor, as I cannot send file attachments through that medium and will not copy and paste e-mail addresses over to my e-mail program. I get a lot of requests for this guide and this is not my job, so I hope you understand I need it done that way.

I hope that you have a wonderful visit!

Douglas Duckett

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for 7 day Trip

davetheguide

Yes, we visited (and hiked) in Masada and around the Dead Sea many years ago and would certainly consider re-visiting. Our timing is a little flexible, so we could add on a day or two if it would improve the trip.

Labatt. Thanks and you have mail

L

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for 7 day Trip

In December you have the opportunity of spending time visiting places that are located in warmer parts of the country. Here are some winter destinations to consider:

Hamat Gader - delightful hot springs bathing in a dramatic location on the Jordanian border

Beit She'an National Park - largest Roman period ruins in the country

Qumran and Ein Gedi along the shores of the Dead Sea

In Jerusalem visit the City of David. It will look quite different today than it did when last you were here.

5. Re: Suggestions for 7 day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:16