We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ein Tina

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ein Tina

Is Ein Tina located at Amud Stream Nature Reserve? I'm finding different directions depending how I search, so I wonder if these are different locations?

here are the different directions I have found to the same name

www.ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi…

http://old.parks.org.il/BuildaGate5/general2/data_card.php?Cat=~25~~608123459~Card12~&ru=&SiteName=parks&Clt=&Bur=263561772

http://www.travelhotels.co.il/eng/Ein_Tina_(Tina_Spring)_%E2%80%93_a_lovely_family_spring_trip.html

Since we have a week in the north, we can certainly visit a few of these if they are different - if not the best entry point and best directions would be very helpful.... thanks so much

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ein Tina

....and, I've found more directions as I continue to search for this location. Maybe they are all the same, but it looks a bit confusing to me.

Some of these directions say to leave your car at the end of a dirt road and then walk....

We will have a park pass, so I'm not worried about saving on the entrance fee, but I'm looking for a nice experience walking through water - we don't mind being a bit off the beaten track, and we don't need facilities.

thanks again for your help!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ein Tina

There are a few places called "Ein Tina" (Ein=Spring, Tina=Fig), sometimes this is just a nickname (like in Nahal Amud Nature Reserve). The "main" Ein Tina is located in "Ein Tina Nature Reserve" off road 918.

This reserve is a free-reserve, no entry fee, no facilities at all. The area is just designated as a nature reserve (i.e. you can't build there etc)

Map:

http://goo.gl/maps/t1LV5

(A) marks the intersection of hwy 91 and hwy 90, from which you will probably come (where are you coming from?)

(B) marks the exact point where the dirt road off road 918 begins. Coming to (B), you turn right at that location (there's signage on site from the road) and there's a short dirt road that goes to an unpaved parking lot. You leave the car and go by foot - the trail is marked (green colored).

Edited: 26 May 2014, 17:27
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ein Tina

thanks Amos. This is really helpful. Now I will be able to find it. The google map links are great! I've tried in the past while driving in Israel to find water hikes that I've googled, and ended up in the wrong spots (sometimes in the middle of a sleepy moshav with no one to ask) so this year I want to be prepared!

Yes, we certainly want to go to the "main Ein Tina nature reserve off road 918".

We will initially be driving to Tel Hai from Tel Aviv, so I suppose we can visit Ein Tina Nature reserve on the day we drive up to the north. Alternatively, it may be nice to visit Megiddo on the way up (we'd like it but not sure about our children, but it does look cool with the tunnel) , or is there a water hike on the way from Tel Aviv that would be recommended to break up the drive up a bit. How long will it take from Tel Aviv to Ein Tina Nature Reserve - I think we would take hwy 6 to 65 to 85 to 90.

In this case, we would visit Ein Tina on a different day when we are already in Tel Hai, as that will be a short drive. Will there be other cars parked there?

It sounds like Nahal Amud Nature Reserve is a different place all together? Should we visit it too, on a different day? or are there nicer reserves and water hikes to visit? (we have already visited Tel Dan, Snir River, and several spots in the Banias - all are beautiful if anyone is reading this...)

thanks for your help!

Edited: 26 May 2014, 18:03
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ein Tina

Glad I can help. I think it's always better to consult with the locals and not to go to a water place you've googled :)

I estimate 2.5 hours drive from Tel Aviv to Ein Tina.

Ein Tina is one of the best water hikes I've been at in Israel, so I really can't supply anything that comes close for a different water hike "on the way from Tel Aviv". Nahal HaKibbutzim (literally the kibbutzs' stream) is also a great one - it's in northern Israel too, but far off your way.

Hwy 6 is an electronic toll highway. Are you aware of that? there are cameras that take a picture of your car's license plate and bill the owners the following month. If you rent a car, you will get charged a few months later with the bill + handling fee (some rental companies might tell you not to use it at all).

Generally speaking, hwy 6 which is also called the trans-Israel highway, is less efficient for Tel Avivians, since it totally bypass Tel Aviv (since it connects northern Israel and the southern Israel via Ben Gurion airport). I would suggest to take hwy 2 north, a very good highway, exit at 70 ("Zikhron Yaakov"), then take 722 to get to 75 then immediately left up to 77, then left to 65 and then right to 85, and on to hwy 90. If you insist on taking hwy 6, exit at 70 and follow the same route. It may be sound a bit complicated but it's not - that's the main route used. Follow signage to Tiberias till Golani junction (highways 77 and 65) where you would take left to 65 (signage to Tiberias will take you straight east on hwy 77 on that junction).

Map:

http://goo.gl/maps/dfsB2

Visiting Ein Tina, you will encounter for sure other cars only if it's weekend (Fri-Sat) or a Jewish holiday. During the week, you may encounter but that's not certain.

Nahal Amud Nature Reserve is a good hike, but more a hike than a water hike, and not an easy one. It's not ending where it begins thus making it harder to visit.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ein Tina

You may also find one or two buses parked at Ein Tina- it is a popular hike and various groups go there too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ein Tina

Amos, thanks also for the suggestion of Nahal HaKibbutzim. Is it near Beit Shean? If so, perhaps on our drive to Jerusalem from Tiberius we will visit for a few hours. Will it be crazy busy and crowded (like Sachne?). We would be there on a Friday late morning in early July.

I'm glad also that you commented on Hwy 6 to go north. I automatically take it from Tel Aviv, as I thought it was the quickest, most direct way. If its not, then I'll take hwy 2

thanks

Lawton, OK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ein Tina

Amos, I read your directions regarding Hwy 6 and Hwy 2 and I really thank you for the info. We too will be visiting Northern Israel in the fall and wanted to drive up and visit the reserve. Also thanks for the map website!!!!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ein Tina

Remi2000,

Nahal HaKibbutzim is part of "Park HaMaayanot" which is indeed near Beit She'an. The entry to the park is near "Nir David" kibbutz.

Park website (Hebrew only): http://www.parkhamaianot.co.il/

Park details at the official Galilee tourism website: http://www.gogalilee.org/?p=4234&s=9653

Park details at the municipality's website: http://www.maianot.co.il/en/tourism/

It will be crowded but to a much lesser extent than the Sachne.

Remi2000 & FreddieLawtonOK,

Highway 2 is the most direct way from Tel Aviv northwards. This is an express way just like highway 6 is, however the latter is much more distant from Tel Aviv, as I explained in my first post.

I also want to recommend you of a map website which has the best online maps for Israel in my opinion: http://www.abmaps.com

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ein Tina

Nahal HaKibbutzim is on the right to the entrance to Sachne which has a record low water level this year.

Chana

Israel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ein Tina

If the water is low will they close the park? Will we still be able to swim? Thanks