We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

cyk
singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

Has anyone tried the fast track at Tel Aviv airport by paying with Israel Welcome VIP airport services?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

Don't bother, a waste of money using any of these type of services.

If you truly are a VIP you don't need to pay the money, the service does not make much of a difference to the standard passenger.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,286 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

If you are a family with young children it may be worth using this service, otherwise I'd skip it.

Chana

Israel

cyk
singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

Thank you. I was worried about the very long queues at the immigration.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

If the queue is long at immigration you probably won't have to wait for your luggage on the carousel, i.e. you will get out of the terminal at roughly the same time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,632 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

I agree -- total waste of money.

Douglas Duckett

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

Are there any fast track immigration lines for check in or departure with a business class ticket?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

If you are flying El Al, there is a separate line for security for check in for Business Class and First Class passengers - all other airlines, security is the same for everyone. Once you have gone through security, each airline usually has a separate check in counter for business class. Everything else is the same for everyone. There are no separate lines at arrivals.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

On rare occasions the secondary screening --where they check your hand luggage and you go through a scanner, has a separate business line. While I fly business, I've never had the pleasure of it being operational when I needed it. It has been reported, however, to sometimes exist on the Matmid forum on Flyertalk. So, I would ask, but not hold my breath--nor expect it .

New jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

I have actually heard that the VIP service saves a lot of time, and they are so glad they did it. I know four different people who used the VIP service recently, and said it was fantastic. One in particular, did the VIP service, while her brother did not. The one who did the VIP service got to her hotel in Jerusalem an hour before her brother. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances which she didn't mention, but I have yet to speak with anyone who has done the VIP service and regretted it. I do understand that everyone still has to wait for their luggage, so I don't understand why VIP service saves so much time. I am traveling to Israel in September, and every tour guide/ tour company includes the VIP service in their itinerary (not that I can't have them remove it). But after speaking with people who used it, we are very inclined to also use the VIP service.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 17:05
New jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fast Track at Tel Aviv airport with Israel Welcome

I just want to point out that I have not personally experienced the VIP service myself. If I do, I will post about my experience. At this point now, I am not sure if it is a money making scheme, or really adds a nice benefit to someones trip.