We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Topic
Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

If I take bus 180 to the center of Hebron, can I cross into the Palestinian areas and then take an Arab sherut back to the Damascus Gate? Any complications with this on Friday afternoon? Just don't wanna be stuck in Hebron bc of Shabbat. Thx.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

Bus 160. Typo. Sorry

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,781 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

If you take the 160 to Hebron it will be necessary to get into the other areas of Hebron and from there look for where the bus leaves from. If you are on your own and a first time visitor I do not suggest doing this. There are enough buses to get to Hebron and back without having to search out a bus to Damascus Gate. In the worse scenario you can take a taxi back.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

The last 160 from Hebron to Jerusalem on a Friday at this time of year is at 15:52. I hope you are not there now looking for a 160!

NJ
Level Contributor
556 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

You can easily cross back and forth between H1 and H2. Just be sure to bring your passport and visa. I don't think you'd have trouble finding Arab transportation. You'll see taxis and Sherut buses lined up in the center of town. You can simply ask which bus to Jerusalem. I believe you'd have to take a bus to Bethlehem and then switch to one going to Jerusalem.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

"You can easily cross back and forth between H1 and H2. "

Yeah, I've done it on regular days. But any complications on Shabbat?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

"take an Arab sherut back to the Damascus Gate?" - there is no Arab sherut (called "serveece" by the locals) from Hebron to Jerusalem. You would have to take a serveece to Bethlehem and then another bus to Jerusalem/or bus to checkpoint 300 (between Bethlehem and Jerusalem) and then another bus from there into Jerusalem.

7. Re: Crossing between H1 and H2 and back to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17