We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eldan Car experince

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
Eldan Car experince

I had a bad car rental experience with Eldan lately. What makes it worse is the 3rd world attitude towards customer across the board in this company. Eldan downgraded my car reservation from Class D to smallest class CA and lied about it multiple times without any credit.

When I picked the car, Peugeot 107, at the airport I immidetly noticed that the car is super small with space for one standard luggage and two people only. However the local manager insisted that the car is class D. I called the airport desk and I was told to go back to the counter and pay more for better car Class E.

Few days into the rental I checked the Web site and found that contrarily to what I was told, Peugeot 107 is listed in a smaller and cheaper category. In addition my contract had a small computer foot note that my reservation was downgraded even though verbally I was told it was not.

When I contacted customer service again they told me there is nothing they can do. They recommended me to spend a day driving to the airport and have my invoice changed to remove the foot note. No more Eldan for me.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eldan Car experince

Am I the only one who finds it strange that this post was made by someone who has never posted before and says they are from NY, yet clearly isn't a native English speaker? Also it follows shortly after a conversation about Shlomo Sixt where one of their reps chimed in. Just sayin!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eldan Car experince

IN all my years of renting from Eldan and all my years here, I have never heard of such happening. ( note: I am NOT saying you are lying)

I would suggest you go back to the Eldan website and use the Contact Us to write them. This is NOT acceptable. You do deserve a refund. ( assuming you have all the paperwork to back this up, ie. original reservation and contract for vehicle given to you)

Aaron--People pop up all the time to just complain. NYC is full of people from all over the world. He could be Russian or anyone of a myriad of other nationalities, living in NY and traveling to Israel. If, as you are implying Shlomo Sixt is planting negatives for other companies, they would have to work a whole lot harder--and then they would be found out.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 17:28
Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eldan Car experince

Another strange thing.... The posters ID is very similar to the name Eldan.

When we ordered a car from Eldan to be picked up in Tiberias, they informed is up front that they couldn't get the car we wanted. We went with Avis for those days instead and rented from Eldan later in our trip. Eldan up front and honest service impressed us. This whole post sounds strange and out of character with all the other great reviews of Eldan from people who have used them over many years.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eldan Car experince

Heather--I too thought the name was strange--and deliberate. However, the person has been a member since 2012.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 18:36
New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eldan Car experince

I am happy that you had a good experience; I did not.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eldan Car experince

The simple fact is that most rental companies will provide higher rental class if the one you reserved is not available. In my case Eldan downgraded and lied about it. The minimum I can do is making potential customers aware of this practice.

They can get away with that at the airport with customers who just landed after a long flight (Yes mind was from NY) and spent loooong time at the Eldan desk to pick the rental.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eldan Car experince

Again, I find your comment very strange since Eldan has a fairly new system in place now which fast tracks the car pick up and you are in the car you have hired within just a few minutes.

Your experience is definitely nothing like the normal experience of regular travellers and dozens of people who have posted their experiences here.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eldan Car experince

Must be a good new system if it is programed to downgrade a rental reservation when a class is not available and hide the fact from the customer.

I am sure that most rentals are normal. The question to ask is what a car rental company should do when the rental class that you reserved is not available and how they handle the customer in these case. In my case Eldan failed.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eldan Car experince

User called Edlan complaining about Eldan. How wonderful.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eldan Car experince

Edian--have you contacted Eldan since you returned to the US. Have you told your credit card company not to pay, since you didn't receive the service you paid for. While I was willing to accept you as legit, it is getting harder to do as you are ignoring our comments and just ranting on and on, and heading into the realm of ridiculous.