We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

Dubi Fishler is the only guide that I have found that uses the Mercedes Viano, a great vehicle for the purpose. Does anyone have experience with Dubi? Is he flexible in his touring? Is he easy to understand in English? Are there others who are licensed and use the same vehicle?

Picardy

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

There at least another 30 guides with such a vehicle. There are also guides with other excellent luxury vehicles. If like Duby hire him.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

As Chana noted there are plenty of guides with a Viano and plenty of guides with other great vehicles - why is the Viano so important? I understand you want to be comfortable but it would seem to me to be more important to find a guide that you can work well with.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,819 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

Wow, a Mercedes Viano, what a treat!!! One post on a vehicle, I wonder how the guide was or were you so taken with the car that you did not see anything else. Some details on the trip will be useful.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

I have to agree with Shoshi on this one. You are doing things backward. It seems more important to me to have a fantastic guide than a specific type of vehicle. No guide is going to drive tourists in a vehicle that is not good. I too am curious--why must it be this vehicle?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

Shoshi, the OP has not used the guide yet -- she is asking if anyone had experience with him.

The OP wrote to me asking about Dubi Fisher; I had not heard of him (and told her that meant nothing) and suggested that she ask on the forum. I have no idea why the type of car is important, but did suggest that she interview the guide by phone or Skype to ensure compatibility, ease of understanding, etc. I hope she does so as there is no substitute for that. Some people love some guides on here whom I found very unpleasant -- it's a very individual matter.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

Many guides in Israel drive a Mercedes Viano. But why is that important? Isn't the quality of the guide most important to you? In terms of the appropriate vehicle, much depends upon the number of persons in your group. There are plenty of vehicles that could work well with all sorts of group sizes.

7. Re: Driver-guide with Mercedes Viano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:17