We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plans are coming together for 2015

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Plans are coming together for 2015

Debbie and I (and perhaps 1 or 2 others) will be traveling back to Israel (my 9th trip...)....in March of next year...departing the States on the 3rd of March and arriving back in the States on the 24th. To say I am excited would be an understatement. I'm hoping we will put together "just the right" trip for us...combining charitable projects with sightseeing and "just being in Israel".........yes! This will be our longest time to stay in the country and right now we are looking at probably 2 nights in Tel Aviv, 9 nights in the north and then 8 nights in Jerusalem. Plane tickets will be purchased soon (some GOOD prices for March of next year....) and I'm starting to secure lodging (have the Jerusalem part taken care of.........).

I know I have been "absent" from this forum for a while. We have had some huge personal challenges (guess that is the best way to put it...I know that sharing private things is not smiled upon on this forum)....and now things are starting to come back to more normal and I hope to be here regularly.

Kathy

Paragon, Indiana

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

Welcome back to the forums. I'm planning my trip for the second half of April myself. Already excited!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

Happy for you to plan the trip. Please note that Purim festival will take place from 4th night and on 5th of March. (Jerusalem also 6th) No major influence on opening hours but an opportunity to watch some costumes parades. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

Have been in Israel twice for Purim......it is a nice time.

Kathy

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

Ah, I'll just miss Purim -- shoot. Well, a future visit. :-)

Douglas Duckett

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

Kathy I have missed you. It's great to see you posting again, and good to know you are planning another trip to Israel. :)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

So glad to hear you're planning to come back to visit our amazing country!

7. Re: Plans are coming together for 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17