We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meshushim Pool

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Meshushim Pool

can anyone tell me about it? we were told a few times by different park rangers that the Meshushim pools are a steep but short walk to the pools. However, i have read that it is a long hike in. I have also read on a different website that it is a short walk in. It is too hot for a long hot hike for children so just wondering if anyone has accurate info. perhaps there are several hikes at the park - this would cause confusion. thanks!

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meshushim Pool

Rami, thank you for this. I don't have all your answers as all I did was 'Google' it. As far as how hot it would be to hike in, that obviously would depend on the time of the year. My Google search did find this info from the 'official' site:

israel-travel-secrets.com/meshushim-pool.html

which says it is an easy 30 min hike in and a 45 min hike out. But what really got me intrigued was this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePF9MR3En1Y

Which does seem to show in parts that it is not all that hard (steep) to hike into. And for me, it looks way cool down there, the canyon was definitely part of an ancient volcanic upheaval and just looking at this makes me want to rethink my trip to the north next April. That looks way cooler that the sites I would otherwise visit around Nazareth.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meshushim Pool

thanks Teddye.

we are spending our time in the north in some beautiful places. I will post a trip report about the north soon

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meshushim Pool

It us a hot non shady hike which IMHO takes a bit longer to walk for those inexperienced hikers than says on the web site. Be sure to wear comfortable closed shoes and carry 3 liters per person (2 for kids up to 10) as the basalt emmits high heat and there is no soyrce of potable water.

Swumming is at your own risk. There are no lifeguards.

Chana

Israel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meshushim Pool

Many years ago, it was a long walk to the pools, however a new road was built, and consequently nowadays, it is a relatively short, if steep, walk from the new car park.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meshushim Pool

thanks Chana. we are leaving Ein Gev now at 7.30. we'll be there I think by 8.00. and we'll try and finish by mid morning. I will let you know how it goes. tks

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meshushim Pool

Going to the pool is on a not-shaded path with rocks and stones. You get a detailed map from the office and can get info too. Pay attention that if you go into the water it is very deep right away, so be very careful yourself and more so with kids. The water is cold (if I remember well).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meshushim Pool

Thank you everyone for your help! we really enjoyed the walk and the pool. It was a short, easy 20 minute walk down to the lovely pool. We were there early in the day before the heat. (they do send a life guard if there are a few people but we were all alone in the pool). Our kids are good swimmers (its a life skill, like hockey ;) so they enjoyed it. The pool is deep and refreshingly cool.

Teddye, if you have time, it is as beautiful as the photos in the link you sent, and the country side is lovely to see too. I will post a report of our trip to the north as we have been to some lovely places here. thanks TA!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meshushim Pool

Great to know you had a nice visit and that the hike is now shorter than in the past (I have not been there for a couple of years).

Chana

Israel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meshushim Pool

Chana there are two short trails now; a 45 minute trail and a 20 minute trail. Both have a lot of natural stone uneven steps. We get our kids out on hikes every weekend so they are used to walking on different terrains and they were very happy. We also did the short paved lookout trails too.

Because the pool is deep and cold; does not have the easiest access into the water; and lots of wasps at the entry, it may not be for everyone - but we loved it. I had trouble finding accurate info so the posts were very helpful.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meshushim Pool

Again, Remi, thank you very much. This thread and site is on my 'radar' for my next years trip.