We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour from Tel Aviv

Dc
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour from Tel Aviv

We want to do a day tour from Tel Aviv. Which would you recommend for first time trip in a few weeks (will be back with the kids though next summer)

Caesarea, Acre and Rosh Hanikra

Or

Golan Heights

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Acre
Acre
Northern District, Israel
Golan Heights
Golan Heights
Middle East
Desert Prime
Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Eyal Korin- Ramon Crater Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Adam Sela
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

From Tel Aviv, I would recommend Ceasarea, Akko and Rosh Hanikra. It is much closer and you will spend more time touring and less time traveling. I did that day tour years ago (it is the same itinerary). It is a long day but you see the three sites. When you return with the kids, you will want to go back to them as you will just get an overview and won't really have time on the tour to explore the sites indepth.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,394 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

Caesarea, Acre and Rosh Hanikra is a great day trip. Long though. When you buy your tickets for Acre buy the combined tickets for Rosh Hanikra too. You get a small discount.

Would you rent a car? Otherwise it is quite difficult to do.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 06:41
Mentioned in this post
Acre
Acre
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,033 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

There may be companies like Egged and United that offer that in a day tour, as another option. But renting a car is a very good choice.

Douglas Duckett

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

I did the Ceasarea, Akko, Rosh Hanikra trip with Egged tours. It was a very full day. If you are driving yourself, I would suggest only doing two of the sites as you will be able to spend a bit more time, especially at Ceasarea.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

Are you driving or planning on taking a regular daily tour?

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Dc
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

We have changed it up a bit since this first post. We are now planning to drive and stay overnight somewhere and then do Safed and Golan the next day.

Thinking we'd like a private guide for the 2nd day. Is there a resource to find one?

Mentioned in this post
Golan Hotel
Golan Hotel
183 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Safed
Safed
Galilee, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

A tour in the north? If in the Golan I suggest Joe Sofair. If in the Upper Galilee I'd consider Nat Zitomer. If you are interested in a jeep tour on the Golan try Ilan Shulman. I am sure that others will come along with their recommendations. The above all live in the Galilee/Golan and are excellent tour guides.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Golan Hotel
Golan Hotel
183 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Galilee
Galilee
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Dc
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

Thank you - how would I contact them?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

Search the guides nsme with addition of Israel tour guide and their contact information will pop up.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
10. Re: Day tour from Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16