We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

Hi all,

I have followed the numerous good threads re. safety in Israel at the moment. However, I have a split trip, 4 nights in Tel Aviv, 3 in Eilat, 3 in Tel Aviv.

My biggest concern is taking the bus from Tel Aviv, to Beer Sheba, through the Negev to Eilat.

Is this route safe? Honest answers please.

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

Welcome to TripAdvisor and the Israel forum.

The route is safe. It doesn't go anywhere near the Gaza Strip, and the chances of any rocket hitting the bus are virtually zero. If I had plans to go to Eilat tomorrow I would take the bus without a second thought.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

Thank you, even with the stop in Beer Sheba?

I think I have over-analysed the news quite a bit...

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

Yes, *even* with that stop. In the extremely unlikely event of anything happening, the bus driver will know exactly what to do and will direct everyone to a safe area.

You are watching too much TV. Rockets are not falling incessantly. We are not dodging them every time we step outside our homes...

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

I actually think that vehicular transportation is a bit scary these days. If you are outdoors walking around in the middle of town, or if you are indoors anyway, then getting to a shelter or safe room is a relatively simple affair. But if you are in a vehicle and there is a siren, you need to get out an fid shelter, which may be dangerous if there are other cars traveling as well, not all of whom may have slowed down. A multiple-lane highway bridge is a terrible place to be in a rocket attack.

That being said, the road from Tel Aviv to Eilat is mostly through very unpopulated areas, which is not where Hamas is aiming their missiles.

I don't mean to exaggerate risks here, but those are the points that would concern me. Obviously, your chances of being hurt are very small due to our missile defense system.

5. Re: Is the bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat safe? 21-31 July holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:16