We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Capelle aan den...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Dear All,

Next week I'm going to Israel. I will stay there for two weeks. I want to buy a Hannukkah Chandelier for my jewish friend. Where can I buy it in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv for a reasonable price? Reasonable means max 50 euros (around 65 dollars).

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,351 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Not a chandelier, which is a light fitting hanging from the ceiling... I assume you mean one of these or similar:

…reimanpub.com/TOH/…menorah.jpg

They are usually called menorah in English, or hanukkiya in Hebrew.

I don't know whether many places will sell them in August, but you could certainly try in any souvenir shops.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Of course you'll find hanukiyot for sale. I suggest looking at the shops in the Jewish Quarter's Cardo in the Old City.

Capelle aan den...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Yes that one. She already has a menorah (a small one), but I thought there was difference between a Menorah and a Hanukkiyah. I want a Hanukkiyah for 9 candles. Okay I will search :-)

Capelle aan den...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Okay thanks!

Capelle aan den...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Okay thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

This is what my favorite gift store has on their webpage. I do not know what they have in the store

www.gans.co.il/products.asp…

BTW count the candles. There are also menorah with 7 candles in Israel--like the Menorah on the Temple. You do not want that--and I know you said 9, but be aware not everything you see will have 9!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Hazorfim is a company specializing in Silver Jewish items. See website http://www.hazorfim.co.il/

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Giora--Hazorfim has beautiful stuff. Problem is OP wants to spend 50 Euro or so. The only time Hzorfim has anything with a 50 in it is when those numbers have two numbers after the 50 or 1 or more numbers before the 50.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

Honestly, when I think about buying this kind of thing, you can find it everywhere that sells souvenirs and Judaica. It will not be a problem.

In March, my sister-in-law wanted to buy her friend a very specific Chanukiah in the style of the 19th century in metal with oil cups. I wondered about finding something so specific but we found dozens to choose from, in the Jaffa flea market we even found original antiques (not reproductions) for sale.

I think this is one of the items that it really doesn't matter what time of year it is, you will find plenty to choose from from cheap to very elaborate and beautiful. You have a good budget and will have lots of choice.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I buy a Hanukkah Chandelier?

You can also try the Nahlat Binyamin Arts & Crafts market in Tel-Aviv every Tuesday and Friday.