We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

I'm glad to read and see that there is more activity on this forum, more travel questions are being asked. Is that a sign that the situation is a lot more peaceful, calmer? Are more tourists visiting Israel again?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

It seems to us that Operation Protective Edge has now concluded. Israelis are returning to their routines.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 19:03
Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

Hopefully many many tourists will continue with their plans to visit Israel. Thanks Dave.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

I don't know what is happening with tourism, and the forum was calmer in the last weeks. But I tried to book two nights in Haifa or north of Haifa along the coast for this Friday-Sunday and I hardly found a place. Places in Haifa were either full of very expensive and places in Nahariya were full. I finally booked in Nahariya the last room in one of the smaller hotels. The guides on the forum can probably give a more accurate picture.

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

It feels calmer and peaceful. No sirens for 3 days. It appears busier by the beach and port area today

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

Two things I noticed just in the last couple of hours, as examples of things getting back to normal.

While it's unlikely that many people using TripAdvisor will have a personal need to know this, trains from Ashkelon to Sderot (which pass within 1 km of the Gaza Strip border) are now running again, having been suspended since the start of Operation Protective Edge.

Of more interest to readers of this forum: the Ben-Gurion Airport website is now back to normal, and the page I had bookmarked showing taxi fares from the airport to various towns has come back to life, instead of being in emergency mode and showing only flight arrivals!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

It is less hectic but unfortunately not many tourists, although there are some. The hotels in the north have been fully/overbooked since the second week of Protective Edge. It is summer and Israels go on vacation, this year is no exception.

Chana

Israel

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

Hopefully it all will be resolved soon. Praying for the Israelis and for the Palestine people as well. Although is tough to expect things will work out for the good when Hamas and Hezbollah and all these terrorists are the "government" in charge. I feel for all the people who are second guessing if they should go on their trip or not, as I realize their reservations have been booked many months ago. My 1st ever trip (and it's my dream destination) to Israel is in early November and I can't wait for the time to come. I've been trying to fulfill this trip since 3 years ago and now everything is practically set. Lilah tov chaverim (hope I said that correctly, good night friends).

Edited: 06 August 2014, 22:17
Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

I'm sure it will pick up (tourism). Once people hear and read that things have quiet it down, people will go ahead with their plans. God bless you Chana, Oreet and Dave and all the wonderful guides who help out extensively with all your expertise and advice. I hope it all picks up (your guide services) real soon.

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

Sorry. Post #7 is an old post. I don't know why and how it posted since I was writing post #8. I'm using my cell phone instead of the iPad.

10. Re: More questions are popping up, is the situation calmer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 07:16