We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

chittaway bay, nsw
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

We are arriving at 22:15 on El Al flight on 7th September. Will the Nesher Sherut drop us right off at the St George Hotel. Thanks for your valuable assistance.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

Shouldn't be a problem dropping you at the hotel entrance. You can ask the driver when you go into the sherut to be certain.

chittaway bay, nsw
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

As a tourist using Nesher transport service to Jerusalem I experienced a fellow passenger not being dropped off at St George hotel but instead was dropped off at Jaffa Gate at the Old City. I never heard direct from driver why this was but I guess it was because the hotel is in East Jerusalem and driver didnt want to go there.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

Odds are that Nesher will not take you directly to the hotel - you can ask to be dropped off at the Damascus Gate where you could easily find an Arab taxi to take you the short distance to the hotel.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

I have also seen the Nesher drivers not take people to hotels in East Jerusalem. They will arrange for a taxi to take you when they drop you off close by though.

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

In the experience I described in #3 Nesher didnt arrange for a taxi, maybe some Nesher drivers do and some dont.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

I wouldn't expect the Nesher driver to arrange for another taxi - don't get your hopes up - simply expect to be dropped off at one of the gates of the Old City or another central spot where you will be able to get a taxi to your hotel.

8. Re: Ben Gurion airport to st George hotel, Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17