We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Snof (singer)

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ben Snof (singer)

I read that about a week ago, there was a huge pro-Israel rally in Melbourne, Australia (I wonder if Heather was there) but in the article it listed some popular Israeli songs the crowd sang. So I wrote down the titles and looked up those songs on YouTube. I liked several songs like Oseh shalom, if I forget thee Jerusalem (Psalm 137) and other songs too. I discovered a very talented and beautiful voice, Ben Snof. I was just wondering how popular is he in Israel? Do a lot of Israelis listen to his music? I see that he sings a lot of Scripture songs. Just curious on his popularity. He's got a beautiful voice, very talented. I love the If I forget thee Jerusalem song, the Psalm 121 song and another wedding song he sings.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,349 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

No I wasn't there Jimmy. I actually didn't know about it until afterwards. Life is busy and at the moment I am as busy as a beaver some days :). and flat on my back with migraines on others. :( (That's a disadvantage of living with a chronic back injury.)

I am going to have to look up the songs you mention. Thanks for sharing them. :)

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

I hope you feel a lot better real soon Heather. I wish I had a voice like him. Now that's a voice I would love to hear inside the St. Anne's Church (if I'm not mistaken, that's the one church famous for it's acoustic sounds right?).

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

I had to look him up. He sings religious music, therefore his audience is a minority of Israelis ; the majority are not attracted by that style of music and will likely never have heard of the stars in that genre.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

Those visiting in September 2014, please note the Sacred Music Festival in Jerusalem touristisrael.com/jerusalem-sacred-music-fes…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

Jimmy, you are right -- St. Anne's is the church you are thinking of. And it's amazing!

Douglas Duckett

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

St Anne's is very acoustic, as we were walking in, our tour guide started singing Hallelujah. Almost instantly a large group in there began singing it, and they never stopped the entire time we were in there. Was a beautiful thing to hear.

7. Re: Ben Snof (singer)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16