We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Hussein Bridge Stamps

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
King Hussein Bridge Stamps

This fall I will be living in Amman and plan to travel around the Middle East while I am in the region. Considering the proximity, I will certainly be traveling to Israel and Palestine. I also hope to travel to Lebanon though. I am aware of the Israeli stamp problem and I have two US passports at the moment. One of the passports already has Israeli stamps in it from a previous trip. I am planning to fly into Amman to get into the region. I am also aware that I can enter Israel/Palestine at the King Hussein Bridge and avoid the Jordanian exit stamp and the Israeli entrance stamp. I would likely use the passport without the Israeli stamps to enter and exit Jordan and the one with the stamps to enter and exit Israel.

In order to leave the region, I plan to fly out of Tel Aviv because it is cheaper and I will already be in Israel right before I leave. I figure I can use my second passport to leave Jordan, but I will not have any Jordanian exit stamp in my passport. Will the lack of a Jordanian exit stamp prevent me from entering Lebanon or a country with similar Israeli stamp restrictions in the future? Is there any way to remedy this? Is it possible to get an exit stamp at a police station or at the airport even if traveling over land?

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,725 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

Jordan stamps your passport at the crossings onto Israel unless there is a recent change in policy. What Lebanon will or won't accept is subject to their authority and should be addressed to them. If you are flying into Amman and out of Tel Aviv where is Lebanon in the puzzle? If you visit Lebanon with the Israel stamp and return to Jordan you still have the other passport to enter Israel, or am I missing something? Or just choose Israel or Lebanon to make things easier.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

Call your passports A and B. A has Israeli stamps in it, B doesn't.

Until you get to Lebanon, use passport A for all your travel. That way, all your evidence of having been to Israel is concentrated in the one passport. You enter and leave Jordan on passport A.

Use passport B for Lebanon.

If you enter Jordan on passport B and leave Jordan on passport A, your entry and exit stamps don't match up. It's not rocket science to figure out why.

Mentioned in this post
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
846 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

The passport you use for Lebanon MUST be your original one, not the 2nd passport. This is because the 2nd passport differs significantly from the original one. The Lebanese authorities are aware of this and will demand to see your original passport if presented only the 2nd one.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

I think this might be more complicated than you think. You can be asked for your flight itineraries when entering any country and in your case, this would be a dead give away. My husband has been required to show his return tickets when entering the UK on several occasions. Canada border services also often asks to see your flight tickets if they have any suspicions at all about where you are coming from and what you are doing. Leaving Jordan to travel to Israel will put exit stamps into your passport and the ONLY place to get stamped is at the border (the police are not involved in border or visas except for enforcement).

Lebanon is very strict about their policies on visiting Israel. Take a look at the Lebanon forum and use the search feature to see quite a few discussions on this topic. The DE's there are pretty direct that you will be turned away if there is any suspicion that you have visited Israel.

Mentioned in this post
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

It's not clear whether you want to visit Lebanon as part of the same trip. If the answer to that is yes, then it will indeed be a problem, or more exactly an impossibility.

But I read it (of course I could be wrong) that Lebanon is a separate trip (you wrote <<Will the lack of a Jordanian exit stamp prevent me from entering Lebanon or a country with similar Israeli stamp restrictions in the future?>>), in which case they would have no way of knowing that you were in Israel if you do the passport dance as described in my post 2.

Mentioned in this post
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
6. Re: King Hussein Bridge Stamps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16