We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online map, Eng/Heb with rudimentary directions

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
Save Topic
Online map, Eng/Heb with rudimentary directions

Hi all,

I noticed in previous posts that people have been looking for something akin to an Israeli version of Mapquest. AtlasCT is the company that provides the mapping engine for d.co.il, ynet, walla, msn, homeless and a bunch of other Israeli websites.

On their corporate website, they offer an ENGLISH version that provides rudimentary point-to-point mapping (just shows the roads you take, no turn-by-turn directions given) and seems to do a good job with various English transliterations:

The Hebrew version:

The ynet version (Hebrew only):

The walla version (Hebrew only):

Happy mapping!

Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online map, Eng/Heb with rudimentary directions

Thanbsk for this information!

If I may add another option:

http://www.emap.co.il (Hebrew + English)

is also nice. I like they're new combinations of satellite photos and drawn maps.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online map, Eng/Heb with rudimentary directions

Thanks, Misterjosh....It worked great!

3. Re: Online map, Eng/Heb with rudimentary directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 05:21
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question