We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow such an amazing Board

Ottawa
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wow such an amazing Board

Hi Everyone!

First I just have to say how amazing everyone is on this board......such useful information and such incredible people.

Douglas thanks so much for the travel guide....as I said, I would love to show you around Ottawa (Canada's Capital) someday .....and that goes for anyone else who plans on coming to Canada.

My friends from Israel were here over the holidays and had a fabulous time doing "all things Canadian" ....snowboarding, hockey games, a trip to Niagra Falls, The CN Tower to name just a few.

Now I am planning to go visit them next year in the Spring. It is a trip I have been wanting to take for years and know that when I get there finally the experience will be overwhelming.....I'm even looking into teaching English over there so if anyone has any information on that, I would really appreciate it)

I hope that I can meet all those regular posters on here when I finally get to Israel!

You are all amazing.

Thanks so much!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,446 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

A date in your lovely capital city it is -- when I finally get myself there. I am both a Canada-phile and a history geek, so I would love Ottawa.

Douglas Duckett

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

We'll be very glad to meet you. I'm sure. As per teaching posts, I would try Berlitz or the British Council.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

If you are Jewish, there might be opportunites to teach English through Partnership 2000 and your local Jewish Federation. I did a trip with them 8 years ago and taught English in a day camp in Arad. It was an amazing and fun experience.

dctravel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

You are most welcome and I'll be glad to guide/meet/host you in Tel Aviv.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

Ah, were where you last March? When we toured Canada and

stayed in lovely Ottawa? We really liked Ottawa very much,

it was awesome for us (I love the word AWESOME) to see the

frozen river the little Niagra Fall all frozen, I have great pictures

from there. In spite of the cold weather we walked around enjoyed a tour of your House of Parliment etc. I do not think we shall

come again that soon to Canada, but you are most welcomed to meet us in Haifa.

6. Re: Wow such an amazing Board

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:17