We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Flights to Israel

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Flights to Israel

We will be travelling to Israel at the end of June for a family wedding, leaving from Newark, NJ and flying to Tel Aviv. What has me a tad in shock is the price of airfare, probably because previous trips to Israel have been in the off season. I have used lots of different airfare seach engines, and at this point the best deal overall seems to be flying Continental, but it costs $1240! Is this probably the best I am going to find?

It's been years since we used a travel agent - does anyone think an agent could get us a better price? We will need land arrangements too - three nights in Eilat and three in Jerusalem before the wedding. Any thoughts? Thanks!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,097 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

Try to find travel agents that provide for the Israeli community for flights. I am sure some are located in NJ, but for sure you have them in New York.

Hotels? Search the forum for Orit from Regent Tours. Her details are in the forum postings.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,742 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

The lowest price I see from Cincinnati is $1,339, and since you are traveling in peak season, you may not get a better break. You can try with a New York travel agent who specializes in Israel travel, but I wouldn't expect much better. He/she may be able to book you through a consolidator.

As for Orit, she works for a Tel Aviv-based hotel wholesaler called Regent Tours. I have worked through her four times, and she has always gotten me much better prices than I would have found on my own. She also does all the leg work for you, and is very easy to use. She will e-mail you vouchers for your hotel rooms one week before you leave, then charge your credit card for a lump sum. this is not too early to book through her.

You can reach her toll-free from the US at (866) 383-6130, or by e-mail at regent@actcom.co.il. I'd call first. Please tell her that I said "shalom"; she's terrific.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Douglas Duckett

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

Timing is a factor. Booking before April 1, we found $1080 flights from AZ through Newark to TA (including all fees and taxes -- the base was just under a thousand); if we'd flown (even just return flight) after April 1 it went up by almost $500 from Arizona.

I miss all those search engines!! Don't understand why they were eliminated. Last year I got RT to Israel from AZ under $1100 in June that way, so a travel agency may be worth checking.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

Is using JFK or chaning planes in Europe an option? Israir flies out of there to Tel Aviv non-stop and seems to be about $1200 for June as well.

Also, using Kayak, I see fares at the end of June for $1000 on Iberia from JFK (stopping in Spain). They might not be as convenient, but it might be something to look into.

dctravel

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

Thanks so much to everyone for getting back to me. I think that we will probably have to go with the Continental $1240 flight - it looks like that will be the best we can get. From where we live in New Jersey, Newark is most convenient - getting to JFK is a real hassle, and by the time we pay the fees for getting ourselves there, the amount of savings is negligible.

Thanks for the lead on Orit - we will need help with land arrangements, so I appreciate the recommendation.

6. Re: Price of Flights to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 11:19