We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for Jerusalem

Miami
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Guide for Jerusalem

We would like a private guide for 1 or 2 days of our in Jerusalem stay. We would like to have a guide who lives in Jerusalem to guide us for 1 or 2 days. Can any of you suggest a guide for such a short time?

Sandi

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,081 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for Jerusalem

I highly recommend Madeleine Lavine, who actually serves on the YMCA staff. She is knowledgeable, very pleasant, professional, and has a delightful, British sense of humor (she is originally from Leeds). Madeleine offers a wide range of tours; we took a fascinating “Europe in Jerusalem” tour that looked at the influx of European institutions in the city in the last half of the 19th Century. Even though I have been to Jerusalem eight times and explored seemingly everywhere, she showed me aspects of the city that were completely new to me. She also offers individual or group Four Quarters tours, tours of the Mount of Olives and the Old City, and just about anything you can imagine. She is definitely my premier tour guide for Jerusalem and its environs, and I cannot recommend her highly enough. You can reach her at madl@zahav.net.il, or at (02) 678-0058 (home) or (054) 450-4098 (cell). You can also reach her through the YMCA, of course. If you would, please tell her I recommended her.

Mentioned in this post
Madeleine
Madeleine
454 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Europe
Europe
World
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Mount of Olives
Mount of Olives
3,481 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Jaffa Old City
Jaffa Old City
8,395 Reviews
Jaffa, Israel
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for Jerusalem

Sandi.....A really smart move to have a guide for Jerusalem, no matter the cost. You will be very well served. More than any other city in the world, Jerusalem is so rich and so complicated on so many levels. You cannot match any guidebook or internet research with the expertise of a personal guide who will walk and talk you through living history.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide for Jerusalem

We had a wonderful guide when we were in Jerusalem... her name is Gila and you can contact her either at; gilarose@zahav.net.il or at 972-52-429-8471. She took us on tours of both the Old and New city and she has a tremendous knowledge and was able to pass this on in a most entertaining way. Hope you have a great trip.

4. Re: Guide for Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:25