We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

Want to spend 2 nights in Masada/Dead Sea area. Suggestions?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

I love the Kibbutz Ein Gedi guest house (arugot or desert-level rooms). Many people speak highly of the hostel at Masada, more like a good motel in the US.

Enjoy!

Douglas Duckett

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

Thank you

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

I agree with Douglas - Ein Gedi is very nice. The stay includes free use of their spa and beach down the road. The dinners are pretty basic food, buffet-style. If you want a dining experience, head south the Ein Bokek. The Crowne Plaza has a restaurant that I've heard good things about. Other hotels there may also have restaurants.

At Ein Bokek, the Crowne Plaza is probably your best bet. It is right on the beach, has a big pool, a large spa with several indoor pools and jacuzzis, and very good buffet breakfasts and dinners. The rooms are a little tired, but clean. If you have a choice, go for weekdays. On the weekends, the hotel is usually swamped with families - lots of kids.

4. Re: Where is best place to stay when visiting Dead Sea and Masad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:17