We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

I just realized that the Marriott is on Jordan side of the Dead Sea. So that won't work. It looks like the best choices are Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Hotel or the Hod Hotel. We will be renting a car in Jerusalem driving to Masada and then would like to get a day pass at a Dead Sea resort. The wife may want to do some spa treatments so a nicer resort would be ideal.

Also on the driving. Since she may want to do some spa treatments should we be concerned about driving back to Jerusalem after dark? And looking at the map the straightest route is shooting down the 90, but either going or coming would anyone recommend the more western route via the 60 to see more of the countryside?

Thanks in advance

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

If you are looking for a day pass and a bit of a splurge then the Crown Plaza is the way to go -other good options are the Hod and the Lot.

Yes, perfectly safe if you find yourself driving back to Jerusalem in the Dark. Take 90 straight north and then 1 west to Jerusalem. Be extra careful on 90 - it is one way in each direction, a good number of "no passing" zones and a bit windy. FYI - there is no passing in Israel with one solid white line.

The western route is a lovely route but very hilly and some very windy parts too - if it will already be dark there is no reason to go that way since you won't see the landscape anyway.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

Thank you. I am now somewhat confused. Is Ein Bokek considered part of the Dead Sea. Looking at the map I am not sure. And yes Happy Wife, Happy Life, (smile). A bit of a splurge to keep her happy is well worth the price. I will look into the Crown Plaza then.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

Yes, Ein Bokek is at the Dead Sea. I am not sure why you are not sure!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

Go back the way you came from Jerusalem it's the shortest - route 1 and 90. The Crowne Plaza or Hod both offer good lunch and spa options. They are about a 10 - 15 minute rides\ south of Masada. It's not a great road in the dark and you will need to drive carefully since it is windy and not lit for most of the route.

5. Re: Which resort of the Dead Sea is best to visit (Israel side)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:18