We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Hi again, we are narrowing down our choices of where to stay for our family's (5 people) Dead Sea/ Masada / Ein Gedi visit. It will be in the end of Feb. We will be driving down from Jerusalem and can spend a night or two in the area.

What we hope to do in the 2 days we are there is: ein gedi hike; and use the Lot hotel's day pass for a float in Dead Sea, and swim in their outdoor heated pool; and climb Masada; and maybe tour the Dead sea works plant. Not necessarily in that order.

Because of food allergies we decided we will be more comfortable staying at a place with a kitchenette. So, the Ein Bokek hotels are out of the question. Also, because of dander allergies we need to stay at a place advertised as "no pets allowed" in the rooms.

As some of you may remember from my earlier post, we considered some nice looking zimmers in Arad. But as i have been learnng from some of you, Arad might not be the best base as the road up and down to the Dead Sea is twisty and may not be too pleasant to do back and forth.

So, the places that fit our bill seem to be: Maya's rooms in Neve Zohar. Or, alittle further south practically in Jordan, there are two nice looking accomodations at Moshav neot hakikar. One is called Gordon's. The third choice, also in Neot hakikar is Belfer's.

Gordon's and belfer's have very good reviews. Maya's, there is not a lot on it. And the photos of Maya's don't look so great. The only thing going for Maya's is that it is more north (ie closer to ein Bokek.)

So, experts, any advice you can give me?

Also, any advice on whether a tour of the Dead sea works would be fun for my "tween" age kids? One friend of mine said his children found it very interesting.

Thank you so much for helping me.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Neot hakikar is not in Jordan and never was. It is too far south to make it easy to visit Ein Gedi and Massada.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

As said, Neot Hakikar is in Israel.

There are actually a LOT of places with kitchenette in that area - some available in Neveh Zohar which is 2 minutes from Ein Bokek, others are in Neot Hakikar and Ein Tamar.

You can use the Dead Sea official tourism website to get the list of those: http://www.deadsea.co.il/en/page/93

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,503 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Nobody here has said Neveh Zohar is or was in Jordan! "Or, a little further south practically in Jordan," (practically meaning almost).

But you might be interested to know that in that part of the country you might get too close to the Jordanian cellphone transmitters, which means that if you have an Israeli phone you are advised to turn it off unless you want to pay roaming charges.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Neve Zohar is closest to where you want to be but even Neot Hakikar isn't so bad for Ein Boqek and Masada. I would plan in visiting Ein Gedi on the way south or north (last entrance at 3). Just bw sure to check regarding road closures for that section on 90, as there is always a possiblity of flash flooding in February. BTW pets are not allowed in hotels.

Chana

Israel

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

Thanks All for the help. Good to know, Shuffaluf, about the roaming charges. I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying Jordan is close by. I know Neot Hakikar isn't in Jordan. This Zionist has no desire to spend any of my trip outside of Israel.

Amos, thanks for referring me t that list of Neve Zohar zimmers. I will phone them to see which one has offers pet free rooms.

6. Re: Stay in Neve Zohar or moshav neot hakikar for Dead sea trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:18