We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat day tours

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Eilat day tours

Hi ,There are day tours starting Eilat -Masada,-Dead Sea -Jerusalem?

Thanks,

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat day tours

It takes five hours to drive from Eilat to Jerusalem. And five hours to drive back. And you want to spend time in Jerusalem, as well as including Masada and the Dead Sea... in a day tour? Sorry, that is impossible.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,306 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eilat day tours

The only time that tours of this nature are offered, as far as I know, is through cruise lines when ships dock in Eilat - and as already noted, they are insanely long - Eilat to Masada and the Dead Sea is a horribly long day - to Jerusalem and back - all you will see is the inside of the bus.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eilat day tours

Are you looking for a day tour that does Eilat, Masada, Dead Sea and Jerusalem in one day? This is not possible. You can take a public bus from Eilat to Masada, tour Masada, then take a taxi or bus to one of the beaches such as Mineral Beach, and from there catch a bus to Jerusalem. You would have to follow the timetables carefully to make the timing work on this but it is possible. The bus leaving Eilat at 7:00am will get you to Masada in 2 just over 2 hours. Check out the bus schedule here …egged.co.il/eggedtimetable/…

Of course, you would not be going back to Eilat the same evening if you are thinking that you can do a one day tour that returns to Eilat since by the time you get to Jerusalem, it would already be late afternoon.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 19:04
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eilat day tours

Thanks for your reply,was my mistake.Actually I want a tour from Eilat but not to come back ,to remain in Jerusalem because I have accommodation there.Too be more exciting the trip from Eilat I thought is bet a tour.I saw few but only till Masada and Dead Sea and from there a bus or taxi?Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eilat day tours

You can take a public bus from the last stop on the tour at the Dead Sea. You should find out which beach they stop at and can then take a bus (but do check the schedules as they may only pass buy every couple of hours or less). There are taxis coasting along this road occasionally but you really can't count on it. They may be returning empty after taking people to Ein Bokek or Masada and will stop and offer a ride at a set price. It has happened to me that I almost always got offered a ride but a bus is much less expensive and very comfortable. The taxi may take you right to your hotel in Jerusalem though. Like I said before, this could be an option but you can't count on a taxi going by for sure while buses are dependable. Arrive at the bus stop 15 minutes in advance as the times listed are only approximate.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eilat day tours

You can take a bus from Eilat to Masada, another bus from there to a bathing beach at the Dead Sea (there are several bathing beaches and the same buses stop at all of them), and from there another bus to Jerusalem. There are bathing beaches at (south to north) Ein Bokek, Ein Gedi, Mineral Beach, Kalya (Kallia, Qalya).

You cannot do this on a Friday or Saturday, though. On Fridays the last bus is too early to give you a full day, and there are no buses on Saturdays.

See timetables at www.egged.co.il/eng.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eilat day tours

Thanks a lot.We are going to cross Aqaba border and I thought to take s tour because they can pick up us from the hotel in Eilat and We don't have to run at bus station and maybe from Masada -Deaf Ses to take a bus or something.We are going to cross border from Jordan I guess on Saturday,we stay overnight in Eilat and than a tour.Regards

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eilat day tours

See desertecotours.com/english/eilat_to_dead_sea… Desert Eco Tours offer a day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eilat day tours

Day tours to Jerusalem stopping at the Dead Sea only are available during the winter months, October-April, when we have a lot of foreign tourists staying on a weekly basis. Outside these dates you can do it privately.

10. Re: Eilat day tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Dead Sea Region