We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worried about border crossing taba/eilat

northampton,uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
worried about border crossing taba/eilat

going on holiday 4th october had to book into taba hilton on border as unable to book holiday to eilat until 25th october due to no flights to Ovda where we always fly in to. Will we have lots of hassle crossing the border a couple of times a day as all we want is to be in Eilat we adore the place thanks Tracey....Northampton,UK

montreal, ca
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worried about border crossing taba/eilat

There is not a lot of traffic at the border- in fact, most of the traffic is on foot. People cross the border all day long by walking through. However- this is a border so you will need to allocate time each time you want to cross. I would recommend crossing one a day (each way) simply to avoid wasting time waiting at the border.

Eilat Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: worried about border crossing taba/eilat

I am sure that you have already had your holiday. The crossing between Eilat and Taba is a nightmare. I used to cross every day for 5 years due to work and would never recommend this as a viable possibility.

I live in Eilat now for the last 10 years and although born in England wish I came here many years ago

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worried about border crossing taba/eilat

Well, maybe I don't understand the problem but if you booked into a hotel in Taba, how are you getting there? And if there are not flights to Ovda then and you are flying into Egypt, why don't you fly, instead, into Ben Gurion and connect to an Arkia or Israir flight to Eilat?

The problem might be that you have planned to come during our High Holy Days, as the 4th (and 5th) of October is Rosh Hashannah followed a week later by Yom Kippur on the 12th/13th and then Succot, beginning a few days after that on the evening of the 17th and lasting until the 25th.

Still, there should be flights the Sunday before (the 2nd) or a day after Rosh Hashannah (the 6th), at least to Ben Gurion and on to Eilat, if you can just adjust your schedule.

suzanne pomeranz, tourism consultant

jerusalem, israel - suztours@gmail.com

northampton,uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worried about border crossing taba/eilat

Reply for Nickdive: Your right we did go on holiday on the 4th October we had a wonderful 3 whole days until we were bombed in the Taba Hilton,i had no problems crossing the border,its just a pity it was in an ambulance,but despite all that we loved it there,we are returning on the 2nd of May by invitation of the Hilton..brilliant people.I envy you living in Eilat we adore the place we've been 4 times my husband would live there in a minute...if your in the Underground pub on the Wednesday night we'll buy you a beer,with a bit of luck we will have the whole 2 weeks this time...best wishes Tracey

Eilat Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: worried about border crossing taba/eilat

Hi Tracey

I have only just picked up your message 27/07/05, my wife a nurse was on call on the night of the Taba Bomb!

If you are ever coming back here to Eilat please e-mail me on nick@eilatcity.co.il and I would love to come to the undreground and meet you both for a beer

regards

Nick and Elena