We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat to Aquaba

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eilat to Aquaba

HI If you have made this short trip, please let me know how the process went.

I would like to go for a day. to meet a person I work with who will be coming there from Dubai. I would like to spend most of a day there.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

Eilat to Aqaba,

It is a pretty straight forward crossing on both sides. No hassle and not hold ups.

enjoy it

A99

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

The process is very "smooth" especially if you have no luggage with you. many people are crossing the border in the morning and going back in the evening and there wasn't any problem.

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

Thank you both, I will report on the trip soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

I'm planning to visit Petra in early March. Did you see any signs of the unrest they are experiencine in Egypt.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

Early March? Who can predict what will happen in early March? Wait and listen to the news. Anyway if I were you I would not change my plans. You are going to Jordan not Egypt.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

I agree -- none of us can predict the future any better than you can, but Jordan is not Egypt.

Aqaba 99, it's lovely to have you on the Israel forum. Can you give us an 'on the ground" update on life in your neighborhood to calm these folks down? :-)

Wanderer, go and enjoy. If by chance you have to cancel Petra, there is plenty to do in Israel. And I totally think you'll be fine.

Douglas Duckett

7. Re: Eilat to Aquaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:26