We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat in the winter?

Brooklyn, New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Eilat in the winter?

Hi guys, I'm planning a trip dec24- jan 3rd .. mostly i will be staying in jerusalem and tel aviv... I really wanted to visit Eilat but Im not sure if it's worth the visit - how is the weather in Eilat? What are some fun things to do? Any alternative cities I should consider?

new york
Level Contributor
228 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eilat in the winter?

I have been to Eilat many many times (only in winters) and have nothing but wonderful things to say! Even the service which is usually lacking in Israel is pretty good in Eilat. I go there every year for my vacation instead of going to the Caribbean's...If it was full of drunks and drugs trust me I wouldn't go there!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Eilat is fine--but so are most cities in the US. (especially NYC) There is no need to correct an erroneous statement about Eilat by making an equally erroneous statement about American Cities. Two wrongs do NOT make a right!

Brooklyn, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Eilat in the winter?

thanks a lot for all ur answers.. I definitely have not heard that Eilat is a dangerous city... i would have really wanted to go there for the Beach type of weather, get a suntan .. but i dont think thats the weather for it next week.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Eilat weather forecast for next week:

weather-forecast.com/locations/…latest

Not exactly sunbathing weather!

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Yahoo weather has a better forecast

uk.weather.com/weather/10day-ISXX0005…

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Eilat in the winter?

I'd take Eilat in December any day over the UK especially with the current weather!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Eilat in the winter?

We're driving from Tel Aviv to Eilat in March.

We have an extra 2 -3 days to play with, and was wondering where to stop along the way. I don't mind a detour to visit a worthwhile place.

Suggestions?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Follow up question.

Would it be wiser to fly to Eilat, then rent a car for day trips?

Fly to Eilat, and drive back to Tel Aviv?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Since you have 2-3 days I suggest driving down via route 40 to visit Makhtesh Ramon. Additionally having a car is an asset in Eilat as you can easily get to such places as Timna and the Red Canyon for instance. It also helps a bit in town but is not totally necessary. Since you will be here in cooler weather, you be sitting on the beach all day, so a car is useful.

Note that there is a one way fee for drop off in Eilay for rentals under fiur days - with most agencies.

Chana

Israel

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Eilat in the winter?

Use Hwy 40 driving south to Eilat. It's the scenic route through the Negev Highlands. Stop at S'de Boker, first the Desert Home of David Ben-Gurion (Israel's first prime minister) and then his gravesite (gorgeous view!!).

You'll drive through Makhtesh Ramon (Israel's Grand Canyon) on the way to Eilat. Other sights worth exploring on the way include Ein Avdat Nature Reserve and Avdat National Park (archaeological site incorporating the ruins of an ancient Nabatean city on the Spice Route).