We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

We need help . I am with a group who paid for services in Jordan through Excllusive Tours Hatmarim Street 1P.O.B. 4225, eilat88203 with an Agent called Artium Dostman. We paid for a package deal in Israel and the people in Jordan are seeking more money from us as they say that not enough funds were paid by the Israeli agent and all our calls to him are going unanswered? We are a group of 14 people and as we were expecting all inclusive package many are without funds to pay the expected monies now required for meals and entrance fee to Petra which was to be the highlight of the trip. We are so tired and frustrated as our trip started from Tel Aviv early this morning. This is a plea for help as we are stranded here in the Oscar Hotel in Jordan. Thank you for all all who can help.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

Lightouseeag, As this is Saturday (Shabbat) I suspect their office will be closed until tomorrow morning. I suggest you try again in the morning.

Good luck.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

I am SO sorry to hear this lighthouseeag... Exclusive Tours has been reported on tripadvisor on more than one occasion as being 'unreliable' . See here: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293980-i3725-k4984…

Not being an Israeli, I don't know what to tell you, maybe when Shabbat is over, the Israeli DE's and regulars can point you in the right direction as to where to lodge complaints.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

lighthouseeagle,

I'm very sorry to hear about your trouble. Israel is now observing Shabbat and so everything (including travel agencies) is closed, you have no choice but to try calling tomorrow at 8am (9am Jordanian time).

Exclusive tours telephone is 08-6338361 (+972-8-6338361) and try emailing him at info@trv-e.com

Keep all receipts!

The Israel Ministry of Tourism runs a 24/7 telephone line for tourists, you may want to try them in order to complain of this incident. Telephone: *3888 or 03-9754260 (+972-3-9754260), and can help file complaints and this situation.

Official complaints to the Ministry of Tourism should be mailed to AvivaA@tourism.gov.il or faxed to 02-6664443.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,524 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant and unfortunate circumstances.

In addition to the above, you may also have difficulty getting through to any government offices and many people will have taken off for the Purim holiday - the first "normal" business day will be Tuesday.

I hope that you will be able to get through to someone at the tour agency offices in the morning and that they will be able to help you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,579 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

It is ashamed that you have been taken for a ride. I don't know how much you paid for the trip but your reservation should list exactly what is included in the price. Unfortunately many people reserve the least expensive tour without reading the fine print - to learn why the price is so low. I hope you were able to rectify the situation. There should be an emergency phone number on your confirmation from the Israeli agent.

Chana

Israel

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

I tried their mobile number but no one answered, I'll try again for you in the morning

ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

Many thanks for all of your helpful suggestions. We are having to pay an extra 18 dollars for dinner that became 21 we also have to pay an extra 72 dollar to enter Petra. The Jordanians are saying that The Israeli agent did not pay so we must pay. I am on this trip with 13 migrant workers from Israel and their tour guide organizes trips within Israel on a regular basis with no problems but she appears to have trusted an unreliable person on this occasion . The lady tried many times to contact the Israeli agent but he did not talk when she got through to him and the phone went dead at his end. The Jordanian agent says this has happened before with this agent in Israel and when he was asked why he continues to do business with him, he had no answer. the itinerary that I saw is very specific in what is offered but the Jordanian agent says he's was not paid enough hence we have to pay again to enter Petra. I was invited on this trip as a gift and my lady companion is very distressed. It is an experience to see how this is progressing.

ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

A post script on that last post is that the original cost was 390 dollars . That was to include transport, bed breakfast dinner and lunch along with entrance to Petra.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,579 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

What can be said. Either the agent didn't arrange for payment as specified or the Jordanian service provider took advantage of the Israeli Shabbat/Purim holiday. In any case once you have contacted the Israeli agent demand a full refund plus compensation. No one should have to deal with such an issue any time, especially on holiday.

When an agent forwards insufficient funds for a travel service the recipent requests the remaining amount which may have been excluded in error. This generally is done between reputable companies on a regular basis. The price you paid sounds a bit low for an over night Petra stay(but may be didcounted because you are a small group) however it is too much for single day tour. Keep all receipts for full reimbursement.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 24 February 2013, 04:29
Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Abandoned by Agent Israfly trading as Exclusive tours

Sorry to say they do not have an office and no one is answering the phones, yes it is a holiday but offices are open today. I did some checking around and apparently this type of complaint is common with Exclusive Tours. However I like to give the benefit of doubt and so is it possible that you crossed the border and went straight to Petra and then the hotel? if yes then the entrance fee to Petra is higher than if you stayed in Jordan overnight and then entered Petra. In any case he should know this and charge you accordingly.

As mentioned above, if you have a genuine grievance then please do contact the Ministry Of Tourism and help us put a stop to these type of problems.