We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dead Sea / Hiking

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park...
10 posts
Save Topic
Dead Sea / Hiking

Does anyone know who offers any afternoon hiking tours in the Dead Sea area? (Ein Gedi Oasis) Can you recommend a tour company? If you have hiked in that area...was the experience good...please share.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

parks.org.il/parks/…en-gedi.aspx

These trails are well marked and often used but "Visitors should ask the rangers in the cashier’s booth for specifics before taking any of these trails"

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

At the spectacular Ein Gedi Nature Reserve most visitors choose the Nahal David trail. But there's also the much longer Nahal Aruguot trail.

Most incorporate a visit to Ein Gedi with other area attractions, including Masada and Qumran national parks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

If you will be here anytime between April and October consider doing this hike in the morning. Desert hiking is always best early in the day. Keep in mind that you should arrive at the park a minimum of two hours before closing time 5 in summer 4 in winter).

Chana

Israel

Overland Park...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

Thank you. I will be at the Dead Sea on November 5th. I will be on a morning group tour to Masada but I have the afternoon on my own. I thought visiting the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve would be a nice thing to see but not sure the best way to get there. Any advise? I will be staying at one of the hotels in the Dead Sea resort district of Ein Bokek.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

If you don't have a car you can take a bus. But they don't run too often so you would need to check the schedule. From Masada it is about a 30 minute ride and since the park closes at four that means being on the bus by 1:45 if you want to enjoy a nice relaxing hike without rushing.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

you can hike to the Ein Bokek oasis/stream/waterfall from the hotel area.

israel-tours-hotel.com/israel/…

7. Re: Dead Sea / Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:19