We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,071 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations?

I've booked my tickets to Israel for next March as well, a 16-day trip designed to celebrate my public-service retirement (though I'll continue my private law practice). I'm going to spend two to three nights in Eilat so I can tour some more with Erez Hernnstadt of Desert Eco Tours and experience that part of Israel more -- a part I don't know well.

I will get quotes from Chantal Shmuel, as usual, but I'm interested in people's recommendations for a hotel. I'll be traveling solo and don't particularly need a great beach, though a good pool would be very nice. I stayed at Le Meridien when I was there last November and liked the hotel a lot, so I'd be open to staying there again -- but also open to trying a new place.

Thanks for any tips you may have!

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Eilat
Eilat
Southern District, Israel
Desert Eco Tours
Desert Eco Tours
730 Reviews
Eilat, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,414 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel recommendations?

Don't go there during weekends. If you happen to be there during a weekend check which hotels have an age limit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,071 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel recommendations?

Someone who used to work at the Beresheet -- and whom I met when touring with Adam Sela and visiting that hotel for breakfast -- is now at the Royal Beach Eilat. So, I have a contact there now. It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor, and while it may be more than I want to pay, any thoughts?

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Royal Beach by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Royal Beach by Isrotel...
1,170 Reviews
Eilat, Israel
Israel
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel recommendations?

The Royal Beach is a fantastic hotel. I stayed there years ago, and I'd stay there again if it didn't cost so much. The past 2 years, we've stayed at the Herod's Palace, which is not cheap, but it costs less than the R.B., and it's very lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Beach by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Royal Beach by Isrotel...
1,170 Reviews
Eilat, Israel
14. Re: Hotel recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:16